Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Forum Jump  
Vienna not playing in Logic or Standalone
Last post Fri, Oct 14 2011 by Paul, 4 replies.
Options
Go to last post
Posted on Fri, Oct 14 2011 03:51
by carey_ford
Joined on Sat, Jul 08 2006, Austin, TX, Posts 2

My VSL SE is no longer playing back. My config is Logic 9.01 on a MacPro 2 x Quad Core with an Apogee Duet interface. What happens is I open a Logic file and it appears to load all the patches. In the VI window, I see the MIDI showing up but no sound is being played. Other VI's, specifically EW Play or Omnisphere, play normally. I have tried deleting the plugin and re-inserting. I have tried the same in Standalone. I ran the Directory Manager and it seems fine and finds the VSL folder which has not moved.

I've had some hard drive issues which may be the source of the problem but since the the VSL folder hasn't moved I'm not sure what to check next. Please help. Thanks,

Richard

Posted on Fri, Oct 14 2011 09:20
by Paul
Joined on Sat, Aug 03 2002, Vienna, Posts 11482

Hello Richard, 

Please close all VSL Software, open the Directory Manager, remove all folders, then add them again by drag and drop. 

That should solve your problem!

Best, 

Paul

Paul Kopf
Product Manager - Vienna Symphonic Library
Posted on Fri, Oct 14 2011 18:16
by carey_ford
Joined on Sat, Jul 08 2006, Austin, TX, Posts 2

Hi Paul, Thanks for your help. Unfortunately, that did not solve the problem. Any other ideas? I tried it twice, once rebooting in between removing the folder and adding them back.

Posted on Fri, Oct 14 2011 18:46
by Paul
Joined on Sat, Aug 03 2002, Vienna, Posts 11482

Hello Richard, 

Please send me some screenshots of your Directory Manager and your sample content location, and include a picture of the Vienna Instruments. 

Send to , the more information, the better. 

Thanks, 

Paul

Paul Kopf
Product Manager - Vienna Symphonic Library