Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Forum Jump  
VEP 6 organizing vst folders for me?
Last post Thu, May 16 2019 by Paul, 11 replies.
Options
Go to last post
Posted on Sun, Nov 26 2017 01:58
by casalena
Joined on Tue, Feb 15 2011, Posts 15

Hi,

I am used to setting up my own folders on windows, e.i, saturation, flangers, etc.  Now VEP 6 names new folders according to developer such as Soundtoys, Steven Slate, etc.  VEP 5 was not like this, anyway to change it back?

I litearlly have dozens of folders now, most only have 1-2 plugins in them because I don't have whole sets.  Feels too much like Mac now.  Thanks!

Posted on Sun, Nov 26 2017 09:42
by Paul
Joined on Sat, Aug 03 2002, Vienna, Posts 11251

Hi casalena, 

This is quite high on the to-do list for VE PRO 6.

There will be an intense development sprint with VE PRO, once we have the Synchron Player ready.

Thanks for your patience.

Best, 
Paul 

Paul Kopf
Product Manager - Vienna Symphonic Library
Posted on Sat, Jan 27 2018 22:46
by casalena
Joined on Tue, Feb 15 2011, Posts 15

Are you sure about that, because the latest update did nothing, as well as still no functionality in the CPU meter.

I don't think folder organization will ever be the same, and you will remain to use the Apple scheme.

Probably going to go back to VEP5.  Thanks!

Originally Posted by: Paul Go to Quoted Post

Hi casalena, 

This is quite high on the to-do list for VE PRO 6.

There will be an intense development sprint with VE PRO, once we have the Synchron Player ready.

Thanks for your patience.

Best, 
Paul 

Posted on Mon, Jan 29 2018 08:17
by mbira
Joined on Thu, Nov 23 2017, Posts 25

+1 I really hope this functionality comes soon.  

Posted on Thu, Feb 08 2018 10:33
by casalena
Joined on Tue, Feb 15 2011, Posts 15

Edit

Posted on Wed, Jun 06 2018 06:24
by casalena
Joined on Tue, Feb 15 2011, Posts 15

Is it actually, or will folder scheme remain the same as mac?  Still no difference in the recent update

Posted on Thu, Aug 23 2018 06:11
by casalena
Joined on Tue, Feb 15 2011, Posts 15

Any news on this?  Really need that freeze option and to share with mac user.  Thanks

 

Originally Posted by: Paul Go to Quoted Post

Hi casalena, 

This is quite high on the to-do list for VE PRO 6.

There will be an intense development sprint with VE PRO, once we have the Synchron Player ready.

Thanks for your patience.

Best, 
Paul 

Posted on Tue, May 14 2019 23:44
by casalena
Joined on Tue, Feb 15 2011, Posts 15

 

Bought VP 7 and still no basic update for this.  Nice job :)

Originally Posted by: casalena Go to Quoted Post

Any news on this?  Really need that freeze option and to share with mac user.  Thanks

 

Originally Posted by: Paul Go to Quoted Post

Hi casalena, 

This is quite high on the to-do list for VE PRO 6.

There will be an intense development sprint with VE PRO, once we have the Synchron Player ready.

Thanks for your patience.

Best, 
Paul 

Posted on Wed, May 15 2019 06:17
by Paul
Joined on Sat, Aug 03 2002, Vienna, Posts 11251

Hi casalena, 

Great attitude :)

We have changed everything about plug-in organization and are still optimizing there. 

I know your specific feature-wish didn't make it in there, but never say never. 

Best, 
Paul

Paul Kopf
Product Manager - Vienna Symphonic Library
Posted on Wed, May 15 2019 23:52
by casalena
Joined on Tue, Feb 15 2011, Posts 15

Yes I'm very bitter about not being able to use all the great new functions in VE, especially afer paying/upgrading to verson 6 and 7.  Are there actual plans on updating folders?

Thanks!

Originally Posted by: Paul Go to Quoted Post

Hi casalena, 

Great attitude :)

We have changed everything about plug-in organization and are still optimizing there. 

I know your specific feature-wish didn't make it in there, but never say never. 

Best, 
Paul

Posted on Thu, May 16 2019 09:23
by Paul
Joined on Sat, Aug 03 2002, Vienna, Posts 11251

Hi casalena, 

I understand, and there are also many features and ideas in our backlog that I'd like to see. 

We are discussing different options regarding improved plug-in management, and are currently ironing out the last bugs with plug-in detection. 

I cannot make any promises at this point, but I'd also like to see more flexibility regarding folder structure, and I know I'm not alone. 

That shouldn't keep you from using the great new features of VE PRO 7, though. 

Best,
Paul

Paul Kopf
Product Manager - Vienna Symphonic Library
You cannot post new threads in this forum.
You cannot reply to threads in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.