Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Forum Jump  
Logic's articulation sets, marcato and non-marcato
Last post Sat, Jun 13 2020 by PaoloT, 3 replies.
Options
Go to last post
Posted on Sat, Jun 13 2020 16:04
by PaoloT
Joined on Tue, Dec 27 2016, Posts 707

Hi,

I'm creating the articulation sets for the BBO series, and I see that the articulations are most of the time available as marcato and non-marcato. In other libraries (for example, Hercules) the choice is between with fff layer and without fff layer. 

I'm not sure if I should create two sets of articulations, one with the series marcato and the other one non-marcato. Or is it could work well manually adding a keyswitch in the track, when needing marcato, and another one when returning back to non-marcato.

The first solution would include all the articulations in the library. The second one would be lighter, easier to navigate, but would also need some 'dirt' in the track/score.

How would you do?

Paolo

Posted on Sat, Jun 13 2020 16:06
by PaoloT

BTW, I'm not even considering the "senza piccolo" and "con piccolo" choices that I find in Andromeda. I give them as an initial choice, that you do just at the beginning of the track, or even manually, without even using a keyswitch to include it.

Paolo

Posted on Sat, Jun 13 2020 16:24
by PaoloT

For the particular way Logic works, I'm thinking I'll create both series (marcato and non-marcato).

All considered, programming them with an external text editor is extremely easy (duplicate the list, and replace G7 with A7, or whichever note it is for the library).

Paolo