Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Forum Jump  
VSL: Give Pro Edition users something to use on Mac!
Last post Mon, Oct 27 2008 by cm, 5 replies.
Options
Go to last post
Posted on Tue, Jul 29 2008 05:12
by ariacat
Joined on Sat, May 31 2003, Posts 21
Dear VSL,

Now that Gigastudio is officially dead, won't you please give us Pro Edition users the Performance Tool for Mac? The PC .pal files we own work on the Mac version of the Performance Tool--all we need is the tool. Or, better yet, give us the Kontakt scripts that you created for Opus 1/2 so we can use our performance set within Kontakt without a performance tool. Is that too much too ask? Some of us, having purchased your "top of the line" product at the time never bought an "Opus" or "Horizon" product. Why would we? We had the best and most expensive thing you made at the time.

Come on VSL, do the right thing and throw those of us that put you on the map a life preserver.

Posted on Sun, Oct 19 2008 22:58
by cm
Joined on Fri, Dec 20 2002, vienna, Posts 9049

the pro edition has never been released for kontakt therefore unfortunately no respective scripts are available.

AFAIK only GVI has been released for the mac so inserting the performance tool would require a similar midi routing like for kontakt 1.5 or HALion - assumably nothing you would wish to set up -  but feel free to request it ... however we cannot support this configuration.

christian

and remember: a CRAY is the only computer that runs an endless loop in just four hours ...
Posted on Mon, Oct 27 2008 14:00
by Conquer
Joined on Thu, Sep 28 2006, Posts 812

Hi Christian, please refresh my memory: I recall that some VSL material was made available in Kontakt format (with the Performance Tool implemented as Kontakt MIDI scripts), do you remember what that material was?

Posted on Mon, Oct 27 2008 14:44
by ariacat
Joined on Sat, May 31 2003, Posts 21
Hello Christian,

Thanks for your reply. How can I get the Performance Tool for Mac? I have a working configuration that allows me to use at least some of my Pro Edition performance samples via the Mac but I don't have the Performance Tool for the Mac that I need to do the routings. I don't care that it is not a supported configuration.

Any help in getting it would be much appreciated.
Posted on Mon, Oct 27 2008 17:53
by cm
Joined on Fri, Dec 20 2002, vienna, Posts 9049

Conquer wrote:
some VSL material was made available in Kontakt format (with the Performance Tool implemented as Kontakt MIDI scripts)

the horizon series products - including opus I + II

and remember: a CRAY is the only computer that runs an endless loop in just four hours ...