Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Forum Jump  
Logic Pro and Opus 1 and Opus 2
Last post Sat, Feb 19 2011 by cm, 5 replies.
Options
Go to last post
Posted on Wed, Feb 02 2011 20:24
by c3kings
Joined on Fri, Jul 28 2006, Posts 48

Dear All,

I am thinking to switch from Cubase to Logic Pro. I wonder if Logic Pro can use Vienna Symphonic Library Opus 1 and Opus 2 as VST instrument. When using Cubase, I need to use Kontact 2 in order to use Vienna Symphonic Library. How about Logic Pro? Do I still need to use Kontact 2?

Thanks in advance.

King 

Posted on Thu, Feb 03 2011 05:40
by c3kings

Dear All,

I have been using Opus 1 and 2, and I am very happy with them.  Somehow, I want to upgrade my composition software, and I realized that VSL have many new stuffs already.

I wonder if anyone can give me suggestion which upgrade direction I should go.  My usage of VSL is solely for film score hooking up with sequencer, like Logic, Cubase and ProTools.  In fact, I am also in the process thinking if I should give up Cubase SX3 and pick up Logic or ProTools, or just simply upgrade SX3 to 6, and any advises and experience of sequencer from you are welcome.  But for sure, I don't use VSL for any live performance.

Please experts in here do give me some economical purchase advices.

Thanks a lot in advance.

King

Posted on Sat, Feb 19 2011 06:40
by cm
Joined on Fri, Dec 20 2002, vienna, Posts 9029

my recommendation would be the kontakt route since the performance tool for exs is no longer supported in logic pro, with kontakt you could use the scripted programs

and remember: a CRAY is the only computer that runs an endless loop in just four hours ...
Posted on Sat, Feb 19 2011 07:07
by c3kings

thanks a lot, cm.

But Kontakt script is only for Windows.  Is it for Mac, too?  Where can I download it?

Thanks a lot in advance.

King

Posted on Sat, Feb 19 2011 08:00
by cm
Joined on Fri, Dec 20 2002, vienna, Posts 9029

interestingly you have already registered your horizon series libraries for kontakt ;-)

-> USER AREA -> LEGACY PRODUCTS -> Downloads -> Kontakt2 Programs

http://www.vsl.co.at/en/68/427/157/343/215.htm

and yes, kontakt for OS X works nicely with logicPro

edit: read the respective manual in -> Download -> Tools how to install libraries for kontakt, you need to use the samples from the exs-samples folders ... on a mac we recommend to extract the archives from the DVDs using UnRarX

and remember: a CRAY is the only computer that runs an endless loop in just four hours ...