Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Forum Jump  
Synchron Stage Vienna MIRx
Last post Thu, Jul 13 2017 by Mike B Studios, 7 replies.
Options
Go to last post
Posted on Thu, Jun 01 2017 17:30
by Pixelpoet1985
Joined on Fri, Dec 23 2016, Germany, Posts 217

Hi,

I listened to the "Star Wars – The Force Awakens" demo and I am really fascinated.  Actually, it is the Finale ("The Jedi Steps"). Definitely one of your best demos I think (from an amateur's point of view). 

I am just at the beginning of making music with orchestral samples, but I am so happy and proud of having chosen VSL as my library. I have a limited budget, so I can not compare it to other libraries (only by listening to demos and reading reviews), but for me, VSL has the most realistic and most playable samples. I switched from Composer Cloud, and I really did not like it, in terms of playability and sound quality (bad tunings etc.). The VSL performance legatos are so sophisticated.

And, of course, I am really looking forward to the "new era" to come with the new Synchron Stage recordings. I think it is an awesome job you guys are doing!

But now to the actual reason of this thread...  Will this venue soon come to MIRx as well? I hope so.

Greetings,

Sascha

Posted on Thu, Jun 01 2017 19:12
by Dietz
Joined on Tue, Aug 06 2002, Vienna / Europe, Posts 7318

Welcome Pixelpoet, and thanks for the friendly words.

I just finished the work on a brand-new MIRx set not long ago (derived from the Pernegg Monastery MIR Pro Venue), and I have to admit that I need a break in that respect. :-) Listening to the same two or three minutes of testing sequences over and over again for five or six weeks is quite demanding.

... but I think it is safe to say that there will be MIRx settings for Synchron Stage Vienna later this year. Just don't hold your breath for them! ;-D

Kind regards,

/Dietz - Vienna Symphonic Library
Posted on Thu, Jun 01 2017 19:25
by LAJ
Joined on Sun, Dec 13 2009, Posts 501
Hello Dietz,

that's great news. Thank you :)

Best Lars
—Lurker-mode—
Posted on Thu, Jun 01 2017 22:31
by Pixelpoet1985
Joined on Fri, Dec 23 2016, Germany, Posts 217

Hello Dietz,

thanks for the quick reply. I know the new MIRx set, but it is rather "special". I purchased the Teldex one and I love it. So I was hoping for another scoring stage.

*puh* I can now understand that you need a break then. Sounds really quite demanding... I did not know the expenditure of time needed. I thought 'Hey, when there is a MIR venue than it probably would not take much time to make a MIRx derivative!'  

Best,
Sascha

Posted on Wed, Jul 12 2017 18:48
by Mike B Studios
Joined on Thu, Feb 16 2012, Hollywood, CA, Posts 410

Hello Dietz,

Can those of us using MIR Pro expect a Synchron Stage (wide) preset???

I ask because sadly, there is no wide preset for Teledex.

Almost every photo I see of Synchron (in real world use) is wide. So wide presets would be nice for VSL's host stage.

Thanks

Mike B.

Posted on Wed, Jul 12 2017 22:06
by Dietz
Joined on Tue, Aug 06 2002, Vienna / Europe, Posts 7318

Hello Mike,

yes, I'll plan to do the MIRx-settings for Synchron Stage A based on the same "wide" orchestra seating we typically use for actual recordings as well as the sampling sessions for the new Synchron Series.

For the record: The "deep" Teldex-setup used for MIRx is inspired a lot by actual sessions of the studio's sound engineering staff (... just in case you thought that I came up with that as a crazy idea. ;-D ...). A graphical outline of this can be found in Teldex' RoomPack Manual on p. 17. 

Kind regards,

/Dietz - Vienna Symphonic Library
Posted on Thu, Jul 13 2017 14:02
by Mike B Studios
Joined on Thu, Feb 16 2012, Hollywood, CA, Posts 410

Yes Teledex has been my go-to stage for years. As you are a mad scientist Dietz, naturally I blamed you.for the wonderful "Deep" preset. I just missed having a wide alternative. Your presets make us lazy. As hard as we work a little lazy is appreciated from time to time.

Excellent! Synchron wide it is.

Nice talking to you Dietz, and greetings from Hollywood...

Mike B.