Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Forum Jump  
VEP7 -> DP
Last post Fri, May 17 2019 by belkina, 7 replies.
Options
Go to last post
Posted on Thu, May 16 2019 12:09
by belkina
Joined on Sun, Jun 13 2004, Montreal, Canada, Posts 434

Since I installed VEP7, Digital Performer 9 cannot run in midi only mode, it crashes. Removing VEP7 and replacing it with VEP 6 makes DP normal again. 

BUT, now I can't load recent projects because they say they were made in VEP7. (even though I did not use any of the new features)

Help! I'm in mid-project and this is making it impossible to work. :-(

Posted on Thu, May 16 2019 12:40
by marnix
Joined on Tue, Mar 16 2004, Vienna, Posts 962

Hi Alan,

I just checked and DP9 does not crash when running it in MIDI only mode here when VE Pro 7 is installed - there are simply no Audio plug-ins activated/available!

I tested it by launching DP9 holding the Shift-key and then loading a previously saved project which is using VE Pro 7...

Is this on Mac or PC?

Best, Marnix

Posted on Thu, May 16 2019 13:04
by belkina

I'm on PC and it is still happening. Everything is normal as long as DP is NOT midi only. 

Posted on Fri, May 17 2019 12:35
by marnix

Hi Alan,

I justed checked again on my Win 10 PC and cannot reproduce this on it either...

What I do not understand is the fact that VE Pro 7 matters at all when DP is in MIDI-only mode - from my experience, this leads to not loading any audio plug-ins at all!

Would you please send me such a crashing DP9/VEP7 project to , so I can see wether I can reproduce the problem with it?

Best, Marnix

Posted on Fri, May 17 2019 12:56
by belkina

Thank you for your reply. It does not even require opening a project. With VEPro 7 installed, even if it is not running and I open DP 9.5 (not even a file, just the opening screen) and then set it to midi only, DP immediately crashes. If I go back to VEPro 6 DP behaves normally. 

:-(

Is there a way to save VEPro7 files as VEPro6 so I can go back?

Posted on Fri, May 17 2019 13:16
by marnix

Hi Alan,

Ok, thanks for the additional instructions - I was launching DP 9 from scratch in MIDI Only mode by holding the Shift key while launching.

I was now able to reproduce your DP crashes and have notified our developers of it - hopefully they can come up with a fix quickly!

Unfortunately, projects created with VEP 7 can not be saved in a way so they can be opened with VEP 6...

Best, Marnix

Posted on Fri, May 17 2019 13:25
by belkina

Thanks so much. :-)  At least that is a good tip, I didn't know about the shift key shortcut.