Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Forum Jump  
Ready for macOS Catalina
Last post Sun, Apr 05 2020 by Sing4doe, 5 replies.
Options
Go to last post
Posted on Wed, Oct 30 2019 15:38
by Paul
Joined on Sat, Aug 03 2002, Vienna, Posts 11776

Hello everybody, 

With the latest releases for all our software products we are now ready for macOS Catalina, along with some great improvements and bugfixes. 

Please make sure that you have tested all components of your setup / environment before commiting to any new OS.

We suggest to test your new setup on a separate drive/partition, to avoid surprises. 

Best, 
Paul

Paul Kopf
Product Manager - Vienna Symphonic Library
Posted on Mon, Feb 03 2020 03:01
by Sleeping in Seattle
Joined on Fri, Jan 12 2007, Seattle, WA, Posts 36

Just installed three updates and checked for Cataliona compatability.

Ensemble is still listed as a 32-bit app.

Richard

Sleeping in Seattle attached the following image(s):
catalina.png (240kb) downloaded 11 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
Posted on Sun, Apr 05 2020 01:57
by Sing4doe
Joined on Sat, Jun 18 2005, Posts 88

Since upgrading to Mac OS Catalina I've been having massive problems with VEP 7, Synchron... I believe I found the problem. During the upgrade my Samples folder was moved into a secruity folder as a relocated Item because something about that folder was incapatable with Catalina????

This folder contans my samples and MirX, VE Pro Files, VE sets along with VEP logs and Mir Pro logs. 

Here's what the apple note said...

During the last macOS upgrade or file migration, some of your files couldn’t be moved to their new locations. This folder contains these files.

Files needing new locations

Some of your files had been in a location that is now incompatible with macOS security settings. These files were moved to the Security folder for your review.

If there are any files you want to keep, you can move them to a new location, as long as it is different from their location before the upgrade or migration.

Configuration files

These configuration files were modified or customized by you, by another user, or by an app. The modifications are incompatible with the recent macOS upgrade. The modified files are in the Configuration folder, organized in subfolders named for their original locations.

To restore any of the custom configurations, compare your modifications with the configuration changes made during the macOS upgrade and combine them when possible.

Copyright © 2020 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.

Has anyone run into this? Is there a solution? Do I just move them out of this folder? Does this cause any issues?

Geoff

File Attachment(s):
ScreenU0020ShotU00202020-04-04U0020atU00209.58.26U0020PM.png (1,354kb) downloaded 2 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
Posted on Sun, Apr 05 2020 11:53
by bbelius
Joined on Sat, Mar 14 2015, Posts 629

Hi Geoff,

Some directories in MacOS are now protected and can't be used to storage sample content or other files.
Simply move these sample files to a new location and fix the links in the DirectoryManager for Vienna Instruments (Pro) and/or in the Synchron Player.

Vienna Instruments: Open the Directory Manager App and delete all entries that are marked in red, then drag and drop the new directory with the sample-content into the manager.

Synchron Player: Open the configuration in the player, go to database, delete all entries that are listed in red, drag and drop the directory with the sample content into it, restart the host.

Best, Ben

Ben
Technical Support - Vienna Symphonic Library
Posted on Sun, Apr 05 2020 22:41
by Sing4doe
Joined on Sat, Jun 18 2005, Posts 88

Ben- Thank ypu! I was able to move the files and launch VEP 7. All my samplkes load. Only problem is when I try to save the server project I get a message that I can't save the file. I assume VEP is trying to save it in a place that's not allowed. How can I fix this?

Geoff