Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Forum Jump  
Synchron Player - Global IR dry/wet control?
Last post Thu, Dec 12 2019 by JimmyHellfire, 7 replies.
Options
Go to last post
Posted on Tue, Nov 19 2019 16:35
by JimmyHellfire
Joined on Tue, Dec 24 2013, Posts 334

Would it be possible to implement a global IR dry/wet control for the Synchron Player? I feel it's required for the Dimension libraries.

Currently, if I wanted to adjust the dry/wet ratio of the Dimension Strings in my project, I'd have to click on 32 different faders by hand and adjust them or map them to a controller. And that only covers the "all players" presets. If I want to adjust the groups, desks and single players accordingly ... well, you get the idea. :)

Posted on Tue, Nov 19 2019 17:44
by Paul
Joined on Sat, Aug 03 2002, Vienna, Posts 12270

Hi, 

Yes, we see that necessity as well, but it will take a bit more time (could be much like the MIRx control options in VI Pro). 

Best,
Paul

Paul Kopf
Product Manager - Vienna Symphonic Library
Posted on Tue, Nov 19 2019 18:33
by JimmyHellfire

Great to hear, Paul!

Posted on Tue, Nov 19 2019 21:25
by plowman
Joined on Sat, Dec 13 2003, Posts 1105

Yes, it is needed. VSL might consider bringing the IR Editor up to the mixer itself ( to avoid the click-to-open ) as a knob or slider and adding a grouping function on the Mix page. All Dimension Strings' (as an example) could be grouped, and one adjustment on one channel would change the IR levels of all assigned channels. 

[ Even an additional category above EQ / Delay / Reverb called "IR" would be helpful. ]

I am currently templating Synchron-ized Dimension and Synchron-ized Chamber Strings with Synchron Strings, and fine-tuning the IR's requires a lot of clicking. 

Posted on Fri, Nov 22 2019 10:13
by TFIS
Joined on Tue, Dec 14 2010, Posts 106

Originally Posted by: JimmyHellfire Go to Quoted Post

Would it be possible to implement a global IR dry/wet control for the Synchron Player? I feel it's required for the Dimension libraries.

Currently, if I wanted to adjust the dry/wet ratio of the Dimension Strings in my project, I'd have to click on 32 different faders by hand and adjust them or map them to a controller. And that only covers the "all players" presets. If I want to adjust the groups, desks and single players accordingly ... well, you get the idea. :)

Why don't using a controller?

Select all the tracks and move the desired fader.

So I do it with MirX.

Caveat is, that it only sends absolute values, so increasing all by 10, for example, doesn't work.

Posted on Sat, Nov 23 2019 21:01
by JimmyHellfire

Originally Posted by: TFIS Go to Quoted Post
Why don't using a controller?

Select all the tracks and move the desired fader.

The slider is not assigned to any controller by default, which means that you first need to assign it to something manually. That's OK  for a library where you only have one IR to begin with, but with Dimension Strings, you'd have to go and literally do it 124 times, one at a time. That's a little tedious ... 

Posted on Thu, Dec 12 2019 13:17
by JimmyHellfire

Oh, and another somewhat related thing: global mixer preset. When you change the mixer preset of one Dimension Strings/Brass player, it should be changed for all of them.