Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Forum Jump  
Deleting/transferring elicense licenses
Last post Mon, Jan 13 2020 by Paul, 4 replies.
Options
Go to last post
Posted on Sun, Jan 12 2020 23:43
by mr335
Joined on Mon, May 12 2003, Posts 38

Hi All

So on my ilok dongle and app I can transfer all my licenses back to the ilok server under my account. I dont understand how the elicense system works. I have a bunch of VSL licenses and other companies licenses. If I delete a license off the dongle, does the software company know somehow? Will I just need to get a new activation code when I want to re-license it?

Cheers

Posted on Sun, Jan 12 2020 23:59
by Paul
Joined on Sat, Aug 03 2002, Vienna, Posts 12098

Hi mr335, 

Of course we can monitor license transactions on the license server provided by eLicenser. 

eLicenser only allows to delete licenses if you have a dedicated deletion code, so you cannot delete permanent licenses involuntarily. 

I'm afraid I don't understand where you your question is aiming, so: What exactly would you like to do?

Best,
Paul

Paul Kopf
Product Manager - Vienna Symphonic Library
Posted on Mon, Jan 13 2020 03:21
by mr335
Joined on Mon, May 12 2003, Posts 38

Hi Paul

Thanks for replying. So I want to remove all my license from my dongle. I will be traveling thru airports and xray machines. I want to remove my licenses from the dongle and have them transfered back to the coresponding companies servers or wherever the original licenses come from.

Eventually when I settle I would like to reauthorize and download them again to my new dongles. From what I understand dongle get old and less reliable? This is mostly ilok info where they are on gen 3 dongles. Maybe thats not the case or its mis information? Hope that makes sense.

Sounds like either I need a deletion code or Im worrying about my older dongle not working based on wrong info.

Cheers and thanks

Posted on Mon, Jan 13 2020 17:31
by Paul
Joined on Sat, Aug 03 2002, Vienna, Posts 12098

Hi mr335, 

Thanks for the explanation. 

eLicenser does not offer a cloud solution, but we do offer the Vienna Protection Plan that will be the best solution for your situation. Your licenses and keys are safe under all circumstances, here is a list of the possible scenarios

I am travelling a lot myself and never heard of any troubles / damage when transporting a USB protection key through security or X-rays, so you will be fine in any case. 

Best, 
Paul

Paul Kopf
Product Manager - Vienna Symphonic Library