Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Forum Jump  
Pitch bend on VSL pianos
Last post Tue, Mar 31 2020 by liamcarey, 3 replies.
Options
Go to last post
Posted on Mon, Mar 30 2020 12:56
by liamcarey
Joined on Sat, May 01 2010, Posts 5

Hi,

I'm writing a piece in Sibelius for two pianos tuned a quarter tone apart. Once I'd finished it my plan was to then (as I usually do) to send the piece to Cubase and use VSL instruments to make a better quality demo of it. Unfortunately it seems that Vienna Imperial doesn't do pitchbends in cents. Do any of the other VSL pianos do this? Or are there any other good quality (i.e. as good as the Imperial) virtual pianos that do? I have a work around in mind which involves bouncing the audio for the 2nd piano at a slightly faster speed and then slowing it down, but it would be helpful to be able to do this all in midi.

Many thanks,

Liam

www.liamcarey.co.uk

Posted on Tue, Mar 31 2020 09:47
by jasensmith
Joined on Tue, Jan 15 2008, Arizona, Posts 1576

I have the Bosendorfer Imperial which loads in the regular Vienna player that comes free with any VI purchase.  Although I've never done it with the piano the VI player gives you some tuning flexibilty or you could just use the pitch bend.

Although a fine piano the Bosendorfer Imperial is like the little brother of the Vienna Imperial.  A very very very little brother.

https://www.vsl.co.at/en/Keyboards_Complete/Boesendorfer_Imperial#!Sample_Content

"If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it."
- W.C. Fields
Posted on Tue, Mar 31 2020 10:26
by liamcarey
Joined on Sat, May 01 2010, Posts 5

Hi,

Yes that could work perfectly. Thanks for your reply.

All the best,

Liam