Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Forum Jump  
Options
Go to last post
Posted on Wed, Apr 21 2010 05:34
by Treppenwitz
Joined on Sat, Jan 19 2008, Posts 10

Help! 

I updated the client (Vista x64) and server (Win7 x64) VE Pro to 4.0.5436 and rebooted the server.  The client did not prompt for a reboot.  Now the client in my DAW no longer sees any VE Pro instances on the network.  I've tried toggling the engine and creating new instances.  Please help me get this working again!

Thanks,

Del

Posted on Wed, Apr 21 2010 08:14
by Karel
Joined on Mon, Jan 19 2009, Belgium, Posts 2172

Could you verify that you are running 5436 on both master and slave by looking at the VE Pro Server window title and by clicking on the top part of the VE Pro Server Interface plugin (where it says "Vienna Ensemble Pro Server Interface")? 5436 is not able to discover older version slaves (and older version is not able to discover 5436 as well).

If you are indeed running the same version on both systems, did you have to configure a firewall somewhere to use VE Pro before? Two additional network ports are used in this version, namely 6476 and 6477. You might want to add these to the exceptions in your firewall (the software firewalls in Windows or Mac OS X should do this automatically though).

Karel Bassez
Software Engineer
Vienna Symphonic Library
Posted on Thu, Apr 22 2010 23:43
by Treppenwitz
Joined on Sat, Jan 19 2008, Posts 10

I ran the update again and put the VST dlls in a new directory, then copied them to the expected location, renaming the old ones.  Now it works.  Don't know why it failed to update in place the first time, though. 

Thanks,

Del

You cannot post new threads in this forum.
You cannot reply to threads in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.