Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Forum Jump  
Options
Go to last post
Posted on Thu, Mar 17 2011 07:37
by kevin_9944
Joined on Tue, Nov 23 2004, Los Angeles, Posts 19

In attempting to create and use a template of VIs for VE Pro in Pro Tools, I ended up with two instances of the same project (vframe) open at the same time. I closed one, and the other, which had loaded from the host session, I kept open. But try as I might, although the instance could see midi and produce audio in VE Pro, that audio was never passed to the Pro Tools aux inputs. The plugin was appearing correctly as a Pro Tools aux input, but not receiving any level. It looks like they got "disconnected" somehow, but restarting/rebooting would never get them communicating properly again. I can open up another session and everything works fine. I'd like to know what's going on, and if there is a fix, so if it happens again (which is perhaps likely) I can correct it.

Thanks

Kevin

[COLOR="Navy"][FONT="Arial Narrow"][SIZE="2"]Pro Tools 9.0.2 | HD3 PCIe | 192 i/o C|24 Mac Pro5,1 (mid 2010) Westmere 3.33 GHz Hexacore | 16gb ram | OS X 10.6.6 | VEPro 4.1.7846 MacMini3,1 (late 2009) Core 2 Duo | 4gb ram | 10.6.6 | VEPro 4.1.7846[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR="Navy"][FONT="Arial Narrow"][SIZE="2"]Pro Tools 9.0.2 | HD3 PCIx | Apogee Rosetta 200 | Magma PE6R4-I MacPro5,1 (mid 2010) Westmere 3.33 GHz Hexacore |16gb ram | OS X 10.6.6 | VEPro 4.1.7846 MacMini2,1 (mid 2007) Core 2 Duo | 4gb ram | 10.6.6 | VEPro 4.1.7846[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR="Navy"][FONT="Arial Narrow"][SIZE="2"]Pro Tools 9.0.5 | HD3 PCIe | 192 i/o | C|24
Mac Pro5,1 (mid 2010) Westmere 3.33 GHz Hexacore | 16gb ram | OS X 10.7.3 | VEPro 5.0.10068
MacMini3,1 (late 2009) Core 2 Duo | 4gb ram | 10.7.3 | VEPro 5.0.10068

Pro Tools 9.0.6 | HD3 PCIx | Apogee Rosetta 200 | Magma PE6R4-I
MacPro5,1 (mid 2010) Westmere 3.33 GHz Hexacore |16gb ram | OS X 10.7.3 | VEPro 5.0.10068
MacMini2,1 (mid 2007) Core 2 Duo | 4gb ram | 10.7.3 | VEPro 5.0.10068[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]
Posted on Thu, Mar 17 2011 10:33
by Karel
Joined on Mon, Jan 19 2009, Belgium, Posts 2173

Could you provide a detailed steps to reproduce this problem? Thanks.

Karel Bassez
Software Engineer
Vienna Symphonic Library
Posted on Thu, Mar 17 2011 17:22
by kevin_9944
Joined on Tue, Nov 23 2004, Los Angeles, Posts 19

I think it might be difficult to reproduce as I don't quite know how I did it. Will post with my progress.

[COLOR="Navy"][FONT="Arial Narrow"][SIZE="2"]Pro Tools 9.0.5 | HD3 PCIe | 192 i/o | C|24
Mac Pro5,1 (mid 2010) Westmere 3.33 GHz Hexacore | 16gb ram | OS X 10.7.3 | VEPro 5.0.10068
MacMini3,1 (late 2009) Core 2 Duo | 4gb ram | 10.7.3 | VEPro 5.0.10068

Pro Tools 9.0.6 | HD3 PCIx | Apogee Rosetta 200 | Magma PE6R4-I
MacPro5,1 (mid 2010) Westmere 3.33 GHz Hexacore |16gb ram | OS X 10.7.3 | VEPro 5.0.10068
MacMini2,1 (mid 2007) Core 2 Duo | 4gb ram | 10.7.3 | VEPro 5.0.10068[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]
Posted on Thu, Mar 17 2011 19:00
by kevin_9944
Joined on Tue, Nov 23 2004, Los Angeles, Posts 19

Before trying to recreate the problem I deleted tracks from my session one by one. Turns out deleting my "main auxes", the ones I use to bus stems, were the culprits. Once I deleted those the audio immediately fed from VE PRo. Many people have been having problems with routing in the newer versions of Pro Tools, so I should have known to look there first.

[COLOR="Navy"][FONT="Arial Narrow"][SIZE="2"]Pro Tools 9.0.5 | HD3 PCIe | 192 i/o | C|24
Mac Pro5,1 (mid 2010) Westmere 3.33 GHz Hexacore | 16gb ram | OS X 10.7.3 | VEPro 5.0.10068
MacMini3,1 (late 2009) Core 2 Duo | 4gb ram | 10.7.3 | VEPro 5.0.10068

Pro Tools 9.0.6 | HD3 PCIx | Apogee Rosetta 200 | Magma PE6R4-I
MacPro5,1 (mid 2010) Westmere 3.33 GHz Hexacore |16gb ram | OS X 10.7.3 | VEPro 5.0.10068
MacMini2,1 (mid 2007) Core 2 Duo | 4gb ram | 10.7.3 | VEPro 5.0.10068[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]
Posted on Mon, Apr 11 2011 22:37
by kevin_9944
Joined on Tue, Nov 23 2004, Los Angeles, Posts 19

Came up against this same problem again. This time I fixed with the following steps.

  1. Saved the "project"
  2. Deleted the aux and therefore the old instance of VEP
  3. Created a new aux and instantiated a new instance of VEP
  4. Loaded my project in the server
  5. Reconnected all my auxes and midi in Pro Tools. Audio is back.

[COLOR="Navy"][FONT="Arial Narrow"][SIZE="2"]Pro Tools 9.0.5 | HD3 PCIe | 192 i/o | C|24
Mac Pro5,1 (mid 2010) Westmere 3.33 GHz Hexacore | 16gb ram | OS X 10.7.3 | VEPro 5.0.10068
MacMini3,1 (late 2009) Core 2 Duo | 4gb ram | 10.7.3 | VEPro 5.0.10068

Pro Tools 9.0.6 | HD3 PCIx | Apogee Rosetta 200 | Magma PE6R4-I
MacPro5,1 (mid 2010) Westmere 3.33 GHz Hexacore |16gb ram | OS X 10.7.3 | VEPro 5.0.10068
MacMini2,1 (mid 2007) Core 2 Duo | 4gb ram | 10.7.3 | VEPro 5.0.10068[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]
You cannot post new threads in this forum.
You cannot reply to threads in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.