Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Forum Jump  
Constant DCOM errors
Last post Sat, Feb 10 2018 by THoffelt, 4 replies.
Options
Go to last post
Posted on Thu, Feb 08 2018 01:50
by ddas
Joined on Thu, Jun 10 2010, Posts 24

Main computer: Mac Pro running El Capitan (10.11.6) and Digital Performer 9.5. Secondary computers: 2 custom PC's running Windows 10.  All 3 computers are running the latest Vienna Ensemble Pro (6.0.1.16778).

I booted up my setup and I'm getting constant DCOM errors. Every time I try and do anything on the Mac, I see the error pop up on both of the secondary computers. Just now, all I did was change the buffer size on the Mac and I got the error again. (Note: the main Mac simply goes to an interminable spinning beach ball. The DCOM error appears on both of the secondary PC's.)

The exact text of the error is: eLicenser Control Error: The Application Vienna Ensemble Pro 6 has caused the following error: DCOM connection to program 'Synsopos.exe' failed. Error: the object invoked has disconnected from its clients."

I have no idea why eLicenser would be having a problem, since both those computers have dongles, have no other problems, and indeed, VEP is working just fine when it's not giving me the error. But I've had the error several times in the past half hour alone.

Posted on Thu, Feb 08 2018 11:40
by THoffelt
Joined on Tue, May 17 2005, Posts 35

Did you try uinstalling and reinstalling eLicenser?  And/or first running the maintenance process when eLicenser starts up?

I seem to recall having a few previous instances over the past year of errors (maybe not exact same) that were just resolved by doing either or a combination of those.

Posted on Fri, Feb 09 2018 06:01
by ddas
Joined on Thu, Jun 10 2010, Posts 24

I just tried that and am still getting the same error.

I made sure to update the eLicenser software (it was not the latest version -- and doesn't offer an auto-update function so I had to manually download), then once I was on the latest, I ran the maintenance.

Still getting the (very frustrating) error. It's always something with this setup...

Posted on Sat, Feb 10 2018 05:27
by THoffelt
Joined on Tue, May 17 2005, Posts 35

The only other potential solution I noticed might be antiquated/inapplicable by now but was for an error reported by a Cubase user on the Steinberg forums back in 2011.  It involved a configuration change under Data Execution Prevention in the System settings.

https://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=15683

 

I got the following error with my eLicenser after upgrading it to version 6.3.4.2082

Application 'LCC2' has caused the following er 
ror: DCOM connection to program 'Synsopos.exe' failed.
Error:Unspecified error


The sollution that worked for me was this:
1.Open the Control Panel
2.Select [System]
3.Select [Advanced Settings]
4.Under [Performance] select [Settings]
5.If DEP is available on your system, a DEP tab will be present in the Performance Setting dialog. Select this tab if it’s present (if it’s not present, then your system doesn’t have DEP).
6. Select [Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select]:
7. Add SYNSOPOS.EXE from the folder [Programfiles/elicenser/pos] or wherever you have this file.

You cannot post new threads in this forum.
You cannot reply to threads in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.