Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Forum Jump  
Urgent! VE PRO License No Longer Working
Last post Sun, Nov 01 2009 by nine9tonerow, 9 replies.
Options
Go to last post
Posted on Sun, Oct 18 2009 23:08
by Jurgen Beck
Joined on Sat, Jan 31 2009, Posts 68

Up until yesterday everything was working fine on a system with an eLicenser USB key. Today VE PRO is throwing up errors stating that it could not find a license for Vienna Ensemble Pro. I was running VE PRO on this system from the day it was released, so there is obviously something strange going on.

The key is present and I can see a Vienna Ensemble 3 license on it, which I believe is valid for VE PRO as well.

I have tried re-installing the eLicenser software, which has addressed the issue once today, but after shutting down the system and bringing it back up, I'm running into the same problem. So obviously there is a bigger issue here.

What do I need to do to address the issue? I am working on an extreme deadline and can't afford to have any downtime due to this kind of issue. I need urgent help.

This is a Mac Pro running Mac OS X 10.5.8

Thanks,

JB

Posted on Mon, Oct 19 2009 10:07
by Paul
Joined on Sat, Aug 03 2002, Vienna, Posts 12584

Hi Jurgen,

did you repair permissions (in Disk Utility), restart your machine, reposition your ViennaKey?

Sometimes even unplugging the ViennaKey helps.

Best,

Paul

Paul Kopf
Product Manager - Vienna Symphonic Library
Posted on Mon, Oct 19 2009 11:41
by Jurgen Beck
Joined on Sat, Jan 31 2009, Posts 68

Thanks, Paul. Done the repositioning of the ViennaKey when all this happened, with no apparent difference.

However, booting up the system this morning seemed to have addressed the issue, which is almost more disconcerting. With no apparent reason or action on my end the issue started in, and without the same the issue disappeared. So, it's happened twice now that the issue showed up and disappeared after successive reboots.

At the moment everything is working. I'll have to see if the permissions repairing trick will address the issue should it happen again.

I'll keep you posted.

Thanks,

Jurgen

Posted on Fri, Oct 23 2009 12:34
by Jurgen Beck
Joined on Sat, Jan 31 2009, Posts 68
Paul wrote:

Hi Jurgen,

did you repair permissions (in Disk Utility), restart your machine, reposition your ViennaKey?

Sometimes even unplugging the ViennaKey helps.

Best,

Paul

Alright, Paul. Same problem happened this morning. Ran Disk Utility to repair permissions, which didn't resolve the issue either. I previously stated that repositioning the ViennaKey didn't have any effect either. The only thing that fixed the problem this morning was rebooting the system, which I am not content with as a resolution to the issue. So, we'll have to dig deeper than that out of a deep concern that one day this won't address the issue either and I am loosing valuable time troubleshooting the problem.

So, where do we go from here?

Thanks,

JB

Posted on Fri, Oct 23 2009 15:10
by Paul
Joined on Sat, Aug 03 2002, Vienna, Posts 12584

Alright, Jurgen Wink,

Jurgen Beck wrote:
So, where do we go from here?

We will investigate and find a solution, VSL style.

Thanks for reporting and I hope we can offer a fix with the next update.

Thanks for your patience!

Best, 

Paul

Paul Kopf
Product Manager - Vienna Symphonic Library
Posted on Fri, Oct 23 2009 16:50
by Jurgen Beck
Joined on Sat, Jan 31 2009, Posts 68

Thanks, Paul. I know you always do your best. Smile

Posted on Sat, Oct 24 2009 07:42
by petera
Joined on Wed, Apr 08 2009, Munich, Germany, Posts 76

Today I had the same problem that Vienna Ensemble Pro could not find a license on startup. I think it has something to do that I removed a device from USB-port yesterday. The elicencer seems to be very sensitive when changing anything at the USB-port.

I reinstalled "eLicenserControlSetup.exe", then it worked again.

Best regards,

Peter

Posted on Sat, Oct 31 2009 19:52
by nine9tonerow
Joined on Fri, Apr 14 2006, Illinois, Posts 55

I'm having the exact same problem, I'll try to reinstall the .exe file. (I'm running XP)

Posted on Sun, Nov 01 2009 15:13
by nine9tonerow
Joined on Fri, Apr 14 2006, Illinois, Posts 55

Unfortunately for me, the solution was to uninstall VE Pro. Sad

Thankfully I don't need to use any third-party VSTi's in any projects right now, though! ;) I can wait for a newer build....

You cannot post new threads in this forum.
You cannot reply to threads in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.