Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Forum Jump  
VI Pro is loading disabled cells
Last post Tue, Oct 02 2012 by Chuck Green, 5 replies.
Options
Go to last post
Posted on Sun, Sep 30 2012 09:17
by andyjh
Joined on Wed, Dec 15 2010, Posts 600

 I've noticed since I have installed thenew VI Pro version (2.3.111515), that projects with disabled cells, are still loading, is this a hiccup in the new version or is it just my install/viframes doing silly things.

VE Pro is a slave under Windows 7,  the song is being loaded by Cubase on master.

Posted on Sun, Sep 30 2012 09:29
by DG
Joined on Wed, May 12 2004, Posts 8608

Are you sending any MIDI information to those cells? If so, I think that there is a new feature that will automatically load samples if the cell receives MIDI information.

DG

Nuendo 6.03, 4.3
2 x Intel Xeon x5675 3.07GHz Hex Core
48GB RAM
Windows 7 (x64)Pro
RME Multiface II
Intensity
ATI HD5400 series graphics card
Posted on Sun, Sep 30 2012 09:47
by andyjh
Joined on Wed, Dec 15 2010, Posts 600

 I am finding the cells are loading at the beginning before anything is sent to it,  though I do have the "Enable cells on MIDI activity" switched off.

It never used to do this, I wondered why many of my songs were taking longer than normal to load, though the cells remain disbabled, they still go through the loading process.  I would roll back to an earlier version of VIpro, but Dimension strings needs the latest version.....

If no one else is having this issue,  then it must be something odd with my setup.

Posted on Tue, Oct 02 2012 19:41
by Chuck Green
Joined on Thu, Dec 21 2006, Ann Arbor, MI (USA), Posts 518

I'm seeing the same thing.  Some of my custom legato-type matrix cells are loading for an articulation that I haven't used in the composition.  For example, I have three cells for one legato articulation.  Two are stretched and one is not.  Usually I've been seeing one of the cells become active eventhough I haven't request it via Sibelius or enabled the matrix manually.

Posted on Tue, Oct 02 2012 20:42
by Chuck Green
Joined on Thu, Dec 21 2006, Ann Arbor, MI (USA), Posts 518

I see now what is happening.  I have an articulation called +espressivo as a matrix assigned to B7 for my 2nd Violins.  Actually I have it for all my instruments in some form.  The matrix consist of three vertical cells controlled by a Y-Axis assigned to Speed Control.  I had the +espressivo matrix disabled.  Then in Sibelius I placed a Technique Text entitled "espressivo" which I have defined in my dictionary and soundset.

When it reach the part in the score where the espressivo technique text was positioned, it triggered a load (enabled) of only the top cell of the matrix but left the middle and bottom disabled.  I would think that this new functionality should trigger all cells within a requested matrix.

It probably only enabled the top cell because the passage is slow and only required the slow version of the three....

You cannot post new threads in this forum.
You cannot reply to threads in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.