Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Forum Jump  
Inaudible instrument becomes audible
Last post Thu, Jan 09 2014 by stevesong, 2 replies.
Options
Go to last post
Posted on Tue, Jan 07 2014 23:52
by stevesong
Joined on Mon, Oct 18 2004, NYC, Posts 714

This regards a Logic 9 file in which VI Pro is instantiated in 9 Logic Tracks and each track has the MIR plugin inserted into it. I have been working on this file for a few weeks without incident. But then, twice during the past few days an instrument stopped making any sound after I'd been editing its track for a while. In the first case, I quit Logic and restarted the computer and the instrument resumed playing normally. In the second case, quitting Logic and restarting did not make the instrument audible again - - although VI Pro's meters showed its signal. All the other tracks play normally. Does anyone have any ideas regarding what might be causing this? I'd be most appreciative of any help. 

Thanks,

Stephen

Stephen Siegel
New York City

MacPro (4.1) dual-quad Xeon @ 2.9.3 Ghz
24GB RAM; OS 10.8.5
2 960 GB OWC E2 Mercury Accelsior SSDs one dedicated to samples and the other partitioned into a partition for samples and a part ion for apps and files.
MOTU 2408 MK III (PCIe)

MacBook Pro with 2.5Ghz Core 2 Duo
4GB RAM; OS 10.8.5
MOTU 828
Firmtek/Seritek 2SM2-E Express Card SATA adapter.

Logic 9.1.6.; Finale 2011
Posted on Thu, Jan 09 2014 19:14
by stevesong
Joined on Mon, Oct 18 2004, NYC, Posts 714

I solved the problem in the following manner. First I opened an earlier version of the file with the same VI Pro presets for each instrument. The track that had been inaudible, the clarinet track, was audible. Cleary the VI Pro Preset was not to blame since it worked in one Logic 9 file but not in another. I returned to the problematic file. I created a new software instrument track and instantiated the same Clarinet preset as the one deployed in the inaudible track. I then moved the MIDI data to this track and copied the MIR settings from the original track. The track played back without incident. I then deleted the inaudible track. It appears that the problem was within Logic or with some interaction between VI Pro and Logic 9.

Stephen Siegel
New York City

MacPro (4.1) dual-quad Xeon @ 2.9.3 Ghz
24GB RAM; OS 10.8.5
2 960 GB OWC E2 Mercury Accelsior SSDs one dedicated to samples and the other partitioned into a partition for samples and a part ion for apps and files.
MOTU 2408 MK III (PCIe)

MacBook Pro with 2.5Ghz Core 2 Duo
4GB RAM; OS 10.8.5
MOTU 828
Firmtek/Seritek 2SM2-E Express Card SATA adapter.

Logic 9.1.6.; Finale 2011
You cannot post new threads in this forum.
You cannot reply to threads in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.