Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Forum Jump  
VE Pro 7 and Epic Orchestra 2.0
Last post Wed, May 08 2019 by musicman691, 435 replies.
Options
Go to last post
22 Pages«<1617181920>»
Posted on Thu, Mar 28 2019 15:51
by Dewdman42
Joined on Tue, Feb 27 2018, Park City, Utah, Posts 584

Recently I upgraded my system sample drive to use a raid-0 of two SSD on sata3, via pcie bus.  

https://www.sonnettech.com/product/tempossd.html

The benchmark tests showed incredible improvements in raw disk performance through this raid array.

It did not make ANY difference to the VEP project load time.  Before that I was using a single SSD on sata2.  (MacPro 5,1).

All that being said, the longest my system has ever taken to load a VEP project is 1.5 minutes....around 100 channels of VSL instruments.  Even with the single sata2 SSD that is how long it took.  I can't imagine waiting 40 minutes...something is amis.

5,1 MacPro 12core X 3.46ghz, 128gb ram, RX580 video, OSX Mojave, VSL (almost everything), LogicPro, Cubase10, StudioOne, DP9, Reaper, Dorico, Finale, MuseScore, Notion6, EW Hollywood Orch, Kirk Hunter, GPO, much more..
Posted on Thu, Mar 28 2019 18:04
by Mike B Studios
Joined on Thu, Feb 16 2012, Hollywood, CA, Posts 410

Paul,

For those of us who dived right-in and purchased VEP 7, but already have the Giant Taiko, may we have an alternate incentive?

Besides, wasn't this used as an incentive for someting else? Wasn't it SY Percussion 1??????????

Posted on Thu, Mar 28 2019 21:28
by LAJ
Joined on Sun, Dec 13 2009, Posts 517

Rest assured that you‘ll get no answer here (= communication re-invented)
Posted on Sun, Mar 31 2019 08:00
by TimBlast
Joined on Wed, Jun 17 2015, Los Angeles, Posts 42

Originally Posted by: musicman691 Go to Quoted Post

You say your loading time for that template is 35 to 40 minutes - please tell us you're not loading from a spinner drive but an ssd. Or multiple ssd's. If you're on a Mac Pro cheesegrater putting those ssd's in a pcie card adapter will double the loading speed from if they're in the drive bays.

Oh yes multiple ssds of course, and on a PC with double xeon.... Just lots of instruments i guess, and it loads up into about 240gb of ram . I know a couple of fellow composers who have the same "problem", so its normal for a template that size

Tim Blast
Film | TV | GAME | TRAILER MUSIC Composer / Producer
www.TimBlast.com
Cubase 10 PRO, MASTER PC : i9-9980XE, 64gb. Slave with VE PRO: double xeon with 256 GB RAM
Posted on Sun, Mar 31 2019 11:24
by musicman691
Joined on Sun, Nov 18 2012, Posts 136

Originally Posted by: TimBlast Go to Quoted Post

Originally Posted by: musicman691 Go to Quoted Post

You say your loading time for that template is 35 to 40 minutes - please tell us you're not loading from a spinner drive but an ssd. Or multiple ssd's. If you're on a Mac Pro cheesegrater putting those ssd's in a pcie card adapter will double the loading speed from if they're in the drive bays.

Oh yes multiple ssds of course, and on a PC with double xeon.... Just lots of instruments i guess, and it loads up into about 240gb of ram . I know a couple of fellow composers who have the same "problem", so its normal for a template that size

Where are those ssd's - inside the computer or outside? If outside how are they connected? You do have Kontakt Memory Server disabled right? With that amount of memory (never heard of a machine having that much ram) it sounds like you're having everything load into ram instead of streaming from the ssd's. If so here's a hint - let things stream.

Jack
PT 2019.6 and DP 9.52 on OSX 10.13.6
Qapla!
Posted on Sun, Mar 31 2019 16:35
by Dewdman42
Joined on Tue, Feb 27 2018, Park City, Utah, Posts 584

Originally Posted by: TimBlast Go to Quoted Post

Originally Posted by: musicman691 Go to Quoted Post

You say your loading time for that template is 35 to 40 minutes - please tell us you're not loading from a spinner drive but an ssd. Or multiple ssd's. If you're on a Mac Pro cheesegrater putting those ssd's in a pcie card adapter will double the loading speed from if they're in the drive bays.

Oh yes multiple ssds of course, and on a PC with double xeon.... Just lots of instruments i guess, and it loads up into about 240gb of ram . I know a couple of fellow composers who have the same "problem", so its normal for a template that size

 

Huge template then.  How many instruments?  If you have thousands, then it is what it is.  This is another area where if VEP update made a substantial improvement for project load times, through parallelism or something...it would be instant buy for me. 

5,1 MacPro 12core X 3.46ghz, 128gb ram, RX580 video, OSX Mojave, VSL (almost everything), LogicPro, Cubase10, StudioOne, DP9, Reaper, Dorico, Finale, MuseScore, Notion6, EW Hollywood Orch, Kirk Hunter, GPO, much more..
Posted on Sun, Mar 31 2019 17:00
by Paul
Joined on Sat, Aug 03 2002, Vienna, Posts 12106

Hello everybody!

Finally some news on the features of VE Pro 7!

Beta-testing is going well, and we’re doing our best to make this version the most stable and comfortable .0 version we have every released. It’s also looking good for macOS 10.10 support. 

Final steps in development will take some more time, and I’d like to thank you in advance for your patience and understanding. 

Also, we’re hoping for a little miracle on the AU3 side of things. We’re quite close to making this a GREAT feature for all Logic users out there, and even if a new version of Logic is probably not released when VE Pro 7 is ready, we’re hoping for some crucial fixes that will make this feature work! 

All the best from a busy busy busy Vienna, 
Paul

Paul Kopf
Product Manager - Vienna Symphonic Library
Posted on Sun, Mar 31 2019 17:56
by musicman691
Joined on Sun, Nov 18 2012, Posts 136

Originally Posted by: Paul Go to Quoted Post

Hello everybody!

Finally some news on the features of VE Pro 7!

Beta-testing is going well, and we’re doing our best to make this version the most stable and comfortable .0 version we have every released. It’s also looking good for macOS 10.10 support. 

Final steps in development will take some more time, and I’d like to thank you in advance for your patience and understanding. 

Also, we’re hoping for a little miracle on the AU3 side of things. We’re quite close to making this a GREAT feature for all Logic users out there, and even if a new version of Logic is probably not released when VE Pro 7 is ready, we’re hoping for some crucial fixes that will make this feature work! 

All the best from a busy busy busy Vienna, 
Paul

Let me be the first to say a big THANK YOU for this announcement. It's what a lot of us have been looking and asking for. And it's what's making me pull the trigger on getting the upgrade - especially the compatibility with OSX 10.10! While my major work is done in OSX 10.12.6 I still keep a boot partition with OSX 10.10.5 because I have some 32 bit plugins that for whatever reason don't play well in a 32 bit server running in OSX 10.12.6. It's not a big enough issue to raise a support ticket with (FYI the major one is NI's B4II Hammond organ vi).

You have made me a very happy person this dreary day here.

Jack
PT 2019.6 and DP 9.52 on OSX 10.13.6
Qapla!
Posted on Sun, Mar 31 2019 18:51
by noiseboyuk
Joined on Tue, Nov 17 2009, Posts 83

Great looking features, thank you Paul.  I'd really still like a Wake On Midi feature for disabled instruments / folders  instances, but there's easily enough here for me to upgrade.

Win 7 Pro 64 bit, i7 4930, RME Babyface, 64gb RAM, Cubase Pro 8, PT12 HD, VE Pro 5
Posted on Sun, Mar 31 2019 19:03
by musicman691
Joined on Sun, Nov 18 2012, Posts 136

Got a question:

I did the pre-order thing and am downloading the Synchron library now. Being in the USA and using US currency what date will be used to calculate the exchange rate from euros to US dollars? Right now it's $85 and change. Is the exchange rate figured on the date I puchase or what? Paid through Paypal if that makes any difference.

Jack
PT 2019.6 and DP 9.52 on OSX 10.13.6
Qapla!
Posted on Sun, Mar 31 2019 19:41
by teststefann
Joined on Wed, Jan 07 2015, Posts 3

Hi musicman,

The exchange rate is the one used on the day of purchase. If you used PayPal, you might already see it in your PayPal account. You can also see a 'Show US-$ Info' on the bottom left of the VE Pro 7 product page.
Great to see happy first responses of details on the VE Pro 7 features!

Best, 
Stefan

Posted on Sun, Mar 31 2019 20:22
by fatis12_24918
Joined on Sat, Dec 16 2006, Posts 269

Originally Posted by: Paul Go to Quoted Post

Hello everybody!

Finally some news on the features of VE Pro 7!

All the best from a busy busy busy Vienna, 
Paul

Great news, really appreciated set of features and nice presentation (Hopefully stopping bad moods :) and... looking forward to final release!

Posted on Sun, Mar 31 2019 21:03
by musicman691
Joined on Sun, Nov 18 2012, Posts 136

Originally Posted by: teststefann Go to Quoted Post

Hi musicman,

The exchange rate is the one used on the day of purchase. If you used PayPal, you might already see it in your PayPal account. You can also see a 'Show US-$ Info' on the bottom left of the VE Pro 7 product page.
Great to see happy first responses of details on the VE Pro 7 features!

Best, 
Stefan

Thanks for the clarification. Wasn't sure if the date froze on purchase or when Paypal posted it to my card - those have turned out NOT to be the same date in some cases.

On other notes it took about 48 minutes to download the whole library which isn't too bad as I had other things to keep me occupied. Surprised at how decent the Synchron freebie is. Now to just wrap my head around the Synchron player.

Jack
PT 2019.6 and DP 9.52 on OSX 10.13.6
Qapla!
Posted on Mon, Apr 01 2019 00:01
by Dewdman42
Joined on Tue, Feb 27 2018, Park City, Utah, Posts 584

Originally Posted by: Paul Go to Quoted Post

Also, we’re hoping for a little miracle on the AU3 side of things. We’re quite close to making this a GREAT feature for all Logic users out there, and even if a new version of Logic is probably not released when VE Pro 7 is ready, we’re hoping for some crucial fixes that will make this feature work! 

This is very encouraging.  in your talks with Apple, please make sure they do not overlook that the Scripter plugin will need to be updated to be aware about "port".  Many orchestrators are relying on scripter for articulation management above and beyond the built in articulation set features of LogicPro.  Scripter will need to become port-aware, just like tracks, the enviornment and everything else in order to fully support a multiport AU3 plugin.  I really hope you guys will be able to make all that happen.  But I also realize this depends a lot on what Apple decides to do to LogicPro in order to support multiple ports per instrument channel.

Good job getting the product info out to everyone...

5,1 MacPro 12core X 3.46ghz, 128gb ram, RX580 video, OSX Mojave, VSL (almost everything), LogicPro, Cubase10, StudioOne, DP9, Reaper, Dorico, Finale, MuseScore, Notion6, EW Hollywood Orch, Kirk Hunter, GPO, much more..
Posted on Mon, Apr 01 2019 00:22
by Dewdman42
Joined on Tue, Feb 27 2018, Park City, Utah, Posts 584

also.  Please do NOT eliminate the existing multiport macro functionality until AU3 multiport operation is actually fully operational in LogicPro

5,1 MacPro 12core X 3.46ghz, 128gb ram, RX580 video, OSX Mojave, VSL (almost everything), LogicPro, Cubase10, StudioOne, DP9, Reaper, Dorico, Finale, MuseScore, Notion6, EW Hollywood Orch, Kirk Hunter, GPO, much more..
Posted on Mon, Apr 01 2019 04:40
by Cyril Blanc
Joined on Thu, Dec 19 2002, Paris France, Posts 2658

 

Originally Posted by: Dewdman42 Go to Quoted Post

This is very encouraging.  in your talks with Apple, please make sure they do not overlook that the Scripter plugin will need to be updated to be aware about "port".

The best thing, when AU3 support is released, is to get rid of the Scripter plug-in  and the Multi Port Macro ;

I have upgrade to V7 ;)

MacPro 2010 12 core 2.93 ghz 64 GB Mac OS X 10.11 2722 Rocket Raid Sata III card with 8 x ssd
VSL lib on a Raid 0 of 4 x 256 GB ssd Sata III - Raid 0 of 4 x 64 GB for other libs
System on a 1 TB ssd
Audio Motu PCI system 84 ins / 64 outs
Kbd : P80 Yamaha, S88 and S25 Komplete Kontrol, DX7
I-Controls Pro, 2xMidi expression pedals
Synth : many....
---
Macbook pro Retina 2.7 ghz 16 GB
---
Mac Mini server 10.10 (server EyeTV, Itunes, WEB, and Backup )
--
Logic X , Dorico, Band In A Box, ORB Composer
VSL : MIR PRO, Appassionata Strings I, Solo strings , Wind and Brass Complete, Dimension Brass, Overdrive
Kontakt, Omnisphere, QLSO, QLSC, CS 80, Arturia V5, Maximo, Realivox Blue. CS 80 V3, The Orchestra, Art Conductor 5, Genesis Children Choir, Lunaris, Lacrimosa

Final Cut pro
Camera full HD
Posted on Mon, Apr 01 2019 14:45
by Dewdman42
Joined on Tue, Feb 27 2018, Park City, Utah, Posts 584
Originally Posted by: Cyril Blanc Go to Quoted Post

Originally Posted by: Dewdman42 Go to Quoted Post

This is very encouraging. in your talks with Apple, please make sure they do not overlook thatthe Scripter plugin will need to be updated to be aware about "port".

The best thing, when AU3 support is released, is to get rid of the Scripter plug-in and the Multi Port Macro ;
I have upgrade to V7 ;)


Au3 will not eliminate the need for scripter! Scripter is used for articulation management by many people. That has nothing to do with the multiport macro or AU3. But the thing is scripter will need to become port-aware in order to function with a multi port AU3 plugin. Scripter can already work with the existing multiport macro because port is specified via CC99 and scripter can detect and send that. When AU3 comes, there will be internal data to track port inside the event object itself so unless that is exposed in scripter, then it will not be possible to have multi port articulation management scripter solutions any longer.

Also, as vsl hinted already; they are working with Apple on this and “crossing their fingers” which is a nice way of saying that LPX has to be improved in order to support AU3 multiport configurarion. An AU3 plugin from vsl will be meaningless until LPX is updated in all necessary ways to support that. I agree we can all move past the multi port macro when that day comes but a lot depends on what Apple will do to LPX in order to support it, including changes to the environment, scripter, track headers, and probably other places as well and internally to support channelizing tracks on both ports and channels. Until such time the multiport macro still works. If vsl removes multiport cc99 support from vep7 I will not buy it
5,1 MacPro 12core X 3.46ghz, 128gb ram, RX580 video, OSX Mojave, VSL (almost everything), LogicPro, Cubase10, StudioOne, DP9, Reaper, Dorico, Finale, MuseScore, Notion6, EW Hollywood Orch, Kirk Hunter, GPO, much more..
Posted on Mon, Apr 01 2019 19:46
by Cyril Blanc
Joined on Thu, Dec 19 2002, Paris France, Posts 2658

It is better to have the AU3 and Logic Expression Maps as it is hardcoded in Logic

It look like Scripter is interpreted, so will run more slowly

You can use Babylon Waves to handle your Logic Expression Maps

MacPro 2010 12 core 2.93 ghz 64 GB Mac OS X 10.11 2722 Rocket Raid Sata III card with 8 x ssd
VSL lib on a Raid 0 of 4 x 256 GB ssd Sata III - Raid 0 of 4 x 64 GB for other libs
System on a 1 TB ssd
Audio Motu PCI system 84 ins / 64 outs
Kbd : P80 Yamaha, S88 and S25 Komplete Kontrol, DX7
I-Controls Pro, 2xMidi expression pedals
Synth : many....
---
Macbook pro Retina 2.7 ghz 16 GB
---
Mac Mini server 10.10 (server EyeTV, Itunes, WEB, and Backup )
--
Logic X , Dorico, Band In A Box, ORB Composer
VSL : MIR PRO, Appassionata Strings I, Solo strings , Wind and Brass Complete, Dimension Brass, Overdrive
Kontakt, Omnisphere, QLSO, QLSC, CS 80, Arturia V5, Maximo, Realivox Blue. CS 80 V3, The Orchestra, Art Conductor 5, Genesis Children Choir, Lunaris, Lacrimosa

Final Cut pro
Camera full HD
Posted on Mon, Apr 01 2019 20:54
by Dewdman42
Joined on Tue, Feb 27 2018, Park City, Utah, Posts 584
Originally Posted by: Cyril Blanc Go to Quoted Post
It is better to have the AU3 and Logic Expression Maps as it is hardcoded in Logic
It look like Scripter is interpreted, so will run more slowly
You can use Babylon Waves to handle your Logic Expression Maps


For many people, myself included, logicpro’s articualtion sets, (there are no expression maps in Logic Pro) are not adequate for certain situations, and scripting is necessary. In some cases the Apple articulation set output section is buggy as well. There are several third party solutions that work around those shortcomings with scripter. Those solutions will not be able to take advantage of AU3 multiport unless scripter is updated to be port aware. Babylonwaves does not provide solutions to these challenges they have just worked out a common set of input key switches to use with all libraries and setup the articulation sets for you but they are still limited by the limitations of logic pro’s articulation set feature set and bugs. And in some ways may be limited by trying to have one common input keyswitch paradigm which is a nice idea for simple scenarios but entirely inadequate for more complex situations. It’s a lowest common denominator in that sense. It doesn’t always facilitate all of the capabilities of any given library and nor does logicpro’s articulation set feature. I agree if your needs are simple then stick with simple solution such as that but if you have more advanced needs then scripter is often needed. It will be crucial for many people that vep plugin supports port awareness in scripter.

For example, legato latency correction is a hot topic lately with some attempts to create better articulation management using scripter. There are other things too and plenty of room for future improvement to articulation management, but if scripter is not made port aware then those advanced scenarios will be blocked from being able to use AU3 multiport.

For those of you with simple needs then I agree try to avoid scripter of course.

By the way scripter does not in itself make anything run slowly it uses very little resources when scripted properly.



5,1 MacPro 12core X 3.46ghz, 128gb ram, RX580 video, OSX Mojave, VSL (almost everything), LogicPro, Cubase10, StudioOne, DP9, Reaper, Dorico, Finale, MuseScore, Notion6, EW Hollywood Orch, Kirk Hunter, GPO, much more..
Posted on Tue, Apr 02 2019 11:50
by musicman691
Joined on Sun, Nov 18 2012, Posts 136

Simple question I'm not sure if it got asked yet: when will we know VEPro 7 is released? Email notification from Vienna? I ask because if it's the latter sometimes emails from VSL end up in my isp's Spam folder.

Jack
PT 2019.6 and DP 9.52 on OSX 10.13.6
Qapla!
22 Pages«<1617181920>»
You cannot post new threads in this forum.
You cannot reply to threads in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.