Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.



Forum Jump  
USB Licenser Problem
Last post Mon, Apr 15 2019 by fatis12_24918, 2 replies.
Go to last post
Posted on Mon, Apr 15 2019 09:29
by Pixelpoet1985
Joined on Fri, Dec 23 2016, Germany, Posts 237


since I have upgraded Mac OS Sierra to Mac OS High Sierra (10.13.6) I regularly get error messages, e.g.

  • decoding failed, no appropriate license found
  • materializing failed
  • no license found
  • application not registered

The error messages appear only from time to time, e.g. when quitting VE Pro or updating a library in the Directory Manager.

Is this maybe a hardware failure? Should I transfer my licenses to another key?

By the way: I have a flashed 5,1 Mac Pro (2009), 6-core, 32 GB, no SSD. 

Posted on Mon, Apr 15 2019 10:52
by fatis12_24918
Joined on Sat, Dec 16 2006, Posts 270


Hi, in case it may help:

in the last months I got an increasing amount of issues with my eLicenser after recent software updates and adding new licenses, on my MacPro with 10.13.6.

I was initially thinking my old key had some hardware problem so I transfered all to a identical but brand new key I was conserving as back-up (almost never used), but no changes, same problems.

Studying the problem, I realized that my keys were still the (slightly longer) USB2 versions, and probably actual number of licenses and new software were driving them to communication speed issues.

I had to buy a new eLicenser (the slightly shorter USB3 compliant new one) and after I moved into it all my licenses, it works up-to-now without issues. Crossing fingers USB data flow was the main reason of my problem.

You cannot post new threads in this forum.
You cannot reply to threads in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.