Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Forum Jump  
Options
Go to last post
Posted on Mon, May 06 2019 05:51
by TimBlast
Joined on Wed, Jun 17 2015, Los Angeles, Posts 38

Hi!

I upgraded to VE PRO 7 today and I am using Cubase 10.0.20. I cannot export anything now.... when I try to export mixdown Cubase just starts hanging and I have waited hours without any response. I need to force close either Cubase on my main PC or VE PRO 7 on my slave. Same thing happens whenI try to close a session in Cubase....

Should I roll back to VE PRO 6? I didn't have such issue there.... Also it takes about 30 minutes to even open a Cubase session that is connected to ve pro 7 server.... 

If anyone has any suggestions or work around please post below

 

P.S. I am in Windows 10 latest update

Tim Blast
Film | TV | GAME | TRAILER MUSIC Composer / Producer
www.TimBlast.com
Cubase 10 PRO, MASTER PC : i9-9980XE, 64gb. Slave with VE PRO: double xeon with 256 GB RAM
Posted on Mon, May 06 2019 09:12
by TimBlast
Joined on Wed, Jun 17 2015, Los Angeles, Posts 38

Just had 1 successful mixdown... well it was 30 minutes of VE Pro and Cubase hanging before the mixdown started then 1 minute of the actual mixdown and hen 30 minutes again to get back into the session.... I am going to downgrade back to VE pro 6 for now. 

Hope this gets fixed soon... lost a whole day today because of this and for a working composer thats a lot of time

Tim Blast
Film | TV | GAME | TRAILER MUSIC Composer / Producer
www.TimBlast.com
Cubase 10 PRO, MASTER PC : i9-9980XE, 64gb. Slave with VE PRO: double xeon with 256 GB RAM
Posted on Mon, May 06 2019 18:48
by TimBlast
Joined on Wed, Jun 17 2015, Los Angeles, Posts 38

Downgraded back to VE PRO 6 just now and fml, I am having the same issue with it now too..... man I wish I haven't upgraded to VE PRO 7 yesterday. How does a perfectly balanced and working syste go down down with an upgrade like this? Is there some setting in Cubase or VE Pro that changed iwth the upgrade that throttles the system. 

Before the upgrade: my ve pro 6 server was loading up for about 25 minutes. And I usually left the server run 24/7. A cubase 10 session connected to the ve pro server would open withitn 2-3 minutes.

After update: ve pro 7 server took 35 minutes to load up. Cubase session would take anyhere from 45-70 minutes to competely load.... this is obviously unusable for work. I am now behind the schedule with a score delivery because of this.... 

Tim Blast
Film | TV | GAME | TRAILER MUSIC Composer / Producer
www.TimBlast.com
Cubase 10 PRO, MASTER PC : i9-9980XE, 64gb. Slave with VE PRO: double xeon with 256 GB RAM
Posted on Tue, May 07 2019 10:11
by marnix
Joined on Tue, Mar 16 2004, Vienna, Posts 953

Hi Tim,

To which build of VE Pro 6 have you downgraded?

Please also try VE Pro 6.0.17226 from https://www.vsl.co.at/en/MyVSL/downloads_archive, as this was probably the version you had installed before upgrading to VE Pro 7!

We are in fact unable to reproduce the issues you are experiencing in-house, but we´ll keep investigating!

Best, Marnix

Posted on Tue, May 07 2019 21:32
by TimBlast
Joined on Wed, Jun 17 2015, Los Angeles, Posts 38

Thank you. The version of VE Pro 6 above is working great

Now everything loads as it did before

Tim Blast
Film | TV | GAME | TRAILER MUSIC Composer / Producer
www.TimBlast.com
Cubase 10 PRO, MASTER PC : i9-9980XE, 64gb. Slave with VE PRO: double xeon with 256 GB RAM
Posted on Tue, May 07 2019 21:42
by TimBlast
Joined on Wed, Jun 17 2015, Los Angeles, Posts 38

Originally Posted by: marnix Go to Quoted Post

Hi Tim,

To which build of VE Pro 6 have you downgraded?

Please also try VE Pro 6.0.17226 from https://www.vsl.co.at/en/MyVSL/downloads_archive, as this was probably the version you had installed before upgrading to VE Pro 7!

We are in fact unable to reproduce the issues you are experiencing in-house, but we´ll keep investigating!

Best, Marnix

Maybe my tempate is too big for VE Pro 7... I have about 2000 midi instruments/articulations in one server slpit between 4 VE instances. VE Pro 6 is handling it well now though

Tim Blast
Film | TV | GAME | TRAILER MUSIC Composer / Producer
www.TimBlast.com
Cubase 10 PRO, MASTER PC : i9-9980XE, 64gb. Slave with VE PRO: double xeon with 256 GB RAM
Posted on Mon, May 20 2019 13:18
by Karel
Joined on Mon, Jan 19 2009, Belgium, Posts 2172

Hi Tim,

I've sent you a private message.

Thanks :)

Karel Bassez
Software Engineer
Vienna Symphonic Library
Posted on Sat, Jun 15 2019 08:27
by TimBlast
Joined on Wed, Jun 17 2015, Los Angeles, Posts 38

Has this problem been fixed? I am still on ve pro 6 hich works great. But would love to move to ve pro 7 at some point. Has anyone expreienced better results with hanging times with the new version?

Tim Blast
Film | TV | GAME | TRAILER MUSIC Composer / Producer
www.TimBlast.com
Cubase 10 PRO, MASTER PC : i9-9980XE, 64gb. Slave with VE PRO: double xeon with 256 GB RAM
Posted on Sun, Jun 16 2019 02:30
by dlpmusic
Joined on Sun, Jan 19 2003, Posts 256

Originally Posted by: TimBlast Go to Quoted Post

Hi!

I upgraded to VE PRO 7 today and I am using Cubase 10.0.20. I cannot export anything now.... when I try to export mixdown Cubase just starts hanging and I have waited hours without any response. I need to force close either Cubase on my main PC or VE PRO 7 on my slave. Same thing happens whenI try to close a session in Cubase....

Should I roll back to VE PRO 6? I didn't have such issue there.... Also it takes about 30 minutes to even open a Cubase session that is connected to ve pro 7 server.... 

If anyone has any suggestions or work around please post below

 

P.S. I am in Windows 10 latest update

 

Can't say for sure but I bet it is related to the slow load and close times I am seeing in VE PRO 7.  I never tried to export as the load/close performance was enough reason for me to go back to VE PRO 6 for now....

Here is the thread I started...

 

https://www.vsl.co.at/community/posts/t52574-Cubase-10-Super-Long-Load-and-Close-Times-VE-PRO-7#post285192

Posted on Sun, Jun 16 2019 07:25
by TimBlast
Joined on Wed, Jun 17 2015, Los Angeles, Posts 38

Originally Posted by: dlpmusic Go to Quoted Post

Can't say for sure but I bet it is related to the slow load and close times I am seeing in VE PRO 7.  I never tried to export as the load/close performance was enough reason for me to go back to VE PRO 6 for now....

Here is the thread I started...

 

https://www.vsl.co.at/community/posts/t52574-Cubase-10-Super-Long-Load-and-Close-Times-VE-PRO-7#post285192

 

Yes it seems as it hasn't been fixed yet. I tried installing the latest Ve Pro 7 version and the problem persists.

Ve Pro6 works fine. takes less than 1 minute to open/close a project in Cubase.

Tim Blast
Film | TV | GAME | TRAILER MUSIC Composer / Producer
www.TimBlast.com
Cubase 10 PRO, MASTER PC : i9-9980XE, 64gb. Slave with VE PRO: double xeon with 256 GB RAM
Posted on Wed, Jun 19 2019 15:56
by dlpmusic
Joined on Sun, Jan 19 2003, Posts 256

 

Originally Posted by: dlpmusic Go to Quoted Post

Can't say for sure but I bet it is related to the slow load and close times I am seeing in VE PRO 7.  I never tried to export as the load/close performance was enough reason for me to go back to VE PRO 6 for now....

Here is the thread I started...

 

https://www.vsl.co.at/community/posts/t52574-Cubase-10-Super-Long-Load-and-Close-Times-VE-PRO-7#post285192

 

Yes...frustrating.  Would love to use VE PRO 7.  Clearly there are some issues here.  I wish Vienna would chime in and let us know they are aware and going to fix thhese issues soon.

Posted on Thu, Jun 20 2019 07:45
by Paul
Joined on Sat, Aug 03 2002, Vienna, Posts 11037

Hi, 

We are aware and hope that we can fix these issues soon. 

Best, 
Paul

Paul Kopf
Product Manager - Vienna Symphonic Library
You cannot post new threads in this forum.
You cannot reply to threads in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.