Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Forum Jump  
Good Sample Converter
Last post Wed, Feb 01 2012 by mikeroephonics, 4 replies.
Options
Go to last post
Posted on Fri, Mar 04 2011 20:35
by Michael C.
Joined on Thu, Jun 26 2003, Minneapolis, MN, USA, Posts 464

Are there any good and reliable sample conversion programs out there?  I tried one called "Translator" that did not work for me and I am wondering if there are others.

Thanks

————————————————
Windows 10 Pro.
Cubase Pro 9.5
Intel core i7-8700 8th Gen Coffee Lake 6-core w/HT 3.7 GHz.
5 Samsung SSD drives, (1 TB, 4-2TB).
64GB DDR4 3200 RAM.
ARC 1883LP 12GB/s SAS 4+4 RAID controller.
16USB ports.
Intel Thunderbolt 3.0 ports.
Presonus Quantum audio interface.
Hornberger HB1 breath controller.
Billions of Vienna Instrument samples!
Posted on Sat, Jan 28 2012 01:42
by mikeroephonics
Joined on Thu, Dec 04 2003, Posts 10

http://www.extranslator.com/index.php?page=exsc

Works well with Giga to Kontakt conversions except:

1.) The "+RC" (release control) envelope doesn't convert right. It is way too short at CC Mod Value #000.

Note: You can edit the release envelope characteristics in Kontakt's instrument editor and save it with your session.

2.) "standard_all" patches which contain keyswitches for basic articulations residing in one patch do not play all velocity layers correctly. (The top "Forte" sample does not get mapped, so when you play within that velocity range, you hear nothing. This occurs with Opus 1 "standard_all" and some French Oboe patches. Perhaps other libraries, but I forgot exactly which.)

Workaround for problem 2.):

If you're using Kontakt 4 or later with your VSL libraries, you should check out the Kontakt script "Mind Control". This will allow you to set up custom keyswitches for ALL library sounds!! So you don't have to worry about mis-mapped "standard_all" patches. You can use the main tremolo patches and keyswitch to them with Mind Control. You can also use many other rules to determine how your patches are switched to (any MIDI CC, play speed, program changes, last interval, etc.)

Using Kontakt Instrument Banks, you can load 128 patches onto a single MIDI channel. You can load 5 Mind Control scripts per instance of Kontakt. This comes to 128 patches times 5 = 640 patches in one instance of Kontakt just for Mind Control switching!! This leaves room for an additional 11 MIDI channels for single-slot instrument patches, bringing the total available loadable patches per Kontakt instance to 651 patches!

Mind Control:

http://www.orangetreesamples.com/mind-control

Video tutorial #1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9vJXxdOnkk&feature=player_embedded

Video tutorial #2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgFYyYWZrYk&feature=related

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stuff which does work correctly:

1.) Perf-leg patches convert and play properly, including their ghost keyswitch, +RS keyswitch and polyphony keyswitch.

2.) Release samples appear to work properly on "+RS" patches.

Hope that helps,

Mike

Posted on Tue, Jan 31 2012 21:39
by cgernaey
Joined on Mon, Apr 04 2005, Detroit-Michigan, Posts 1054

If they are giga patches, just use G-Player (search that in google).  I use it for my old giga patches of other libraries and it operates with giga patches natively, no conversion needed.  Works flawlessly.

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 128GB RAM, AMD 3970X 32-core
Gigabyte TRX40 Aorus Xtreme, Radeon RX 5500 XT
Studio One 4.6, Cubase 10.5, Nuendo 10
RME Multiface 2, All NVMe SSD Drives (OS & Samples)
Posted on Wed, Feb 01 2012 01:30
by mikeroephonics
Joined on Thu, Dec 04 2003, Posts 10

G-Player works fine unless you want to use scripts such as Mind Control (or any script, for that matter.) If you're using a large number of patches, G-Player, as well as any other sampler, will eat CPU cycles.

I'm running an overclocked i7 2600K (4.3GHz) with 32GB DDR3 RAM and would not able to push the system to where I want without a scripting system to toggle between patches on a single track.