Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Forum Jump  
Options
Go to last post
Posted on Thu, Jul 15 2021 04:59
by alexandr
Joined on Sat, Jun 22 2019, Posts 22

Hi! I do custom presets a lot by modifying original presets. A typical process contains deleting most of all slots in one group and rearranging slots between vertical groups. Now this task is extremely long and boring and will take a week of routine boring work for Brass library, for example.

How software allows doing this for now:

•     Deleting - need to click "right mouse button" on a slot, select "delete", click on "yes" inside confirm window. I have to do this about 200 times for every new instrument library I buy
  •     Drag-and-Drop - it's not possible to drag and drop slots from one column to another at all. User has to click the "right mouse button" on the slot, select "copy", then click "right mouse button" on the desired destination and click "paste"

That's not a fanny job, guys.

How it could be:

•     Deleting - press and hold "Ctrl" or "Alt" + click on slots that should be deleted. That will perform mass selecting. Press "delete" or "backspace" on Mac. No need confirmation window when mass deleting. User can't accidentally delete items. User already checked what should be deleted. I am kind of OK if still need to press the "right mouse button" to see a context menu and choose "delete" too. But just clicking on "backspace" for Mac or "delete" for Windows is more modern UX. Similar to Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V shortcuts.
  •     Drag-and-Drop - just make all vertical groups are allowed to accept a dragging slot.

I believe mentioned tasks are just a quick user interface tweaking so it doesn't require deep refactoring and can be easily done for the next version. However, if you are able to do that this week you guys will make me a huge gift.

Posted on Thu, Jul 15 2021 05:14
by alexandr

And it's totally fine if you implement "mass deleting" working on a standalone app only. In case if it's not easy to intercept "Ctrl" or "Alt" for the plugin. Anything! Any quickest solution is required 😅🙏

Posted on Thu, Jul 15 2021 16:28
by JBuck
Joined on Sun, Jun 09 2019, Posts 34

I am pretty sure that the reason I haven't bought Synchron Brass is because of my RSI + Carpel tunnel from setting up 55 Expression Maps, 14 different VE Pro/MIR Pro templates with corresponding Cubase templates with 3 Bome MT Pro templates.. 

I think they should do a little work on the UX. NOT FUN!

Posted on Thu, Jul 15 2021 19:56
by alexandr

I've sent PM to Paul with only a link to this thread just to get his attention to this problem because I can't use this library without adapting it to my system. I just wanted to find a solution! And he kind of blamed me that I am trying to be pushy.

What's going on in VSL?

Is that a premium product support? Are you doing products for us or for yourself? I am hands-off. Writing to this guy is disappointing.

Posted on Thu, Jul 15 2021 20:19
by alexandr

It seems like Paul doesn't understand the meaning of word "pushing". I'll be pushing if I get attention of

Herb Tucmandl
Founder and Managing Director

to the problem of fighting with customers instead of listening them and being grateful for proposing a detailed solution.

And yes, I found it reasonable to be pushy this time. Nothing wrong with it. I don't want to be insulted by Paul's attitude any more, so I written message to Mr. Tucmandl. Because I want to continue to use the VSL libraries with pleasure, I want to buy new products and I don't want to think about harmful behaviour of some of employees.

Cheers!

Posted on Fri, Jul 16 2021 07:21
by Paul
Joined on Sat, Aug 03 2002, Vienna, Posts 12893

Hi alexandr,

Wow. So we got off on the wrong foot there. Herb says hello as well :-)

Of course we will see what's possible and I have talked about your requests with our developers before your many postings, mails and PMs.

I will be back with more information when I have it. Until then: Take it easy. 

Best, 
Paul

Paul Kopf
Product Manager - Vienna Symphonic Library
Posted on Fri, Jul 16 2021 10:53
by alexandr

OK

Posted on Tue, Aug 10 2021 15:02
by alexandr

Please post at this thread when the feature is ready so I can get an update. Thanks.