Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Forum Jump  
MISSION COMPLETED: Moving from eLicenser to iLok
Last post Sat, May 21 2022 by Seventh Sam, 326 replies.
Options
Go to last post
17 Pages«<151617
Posted on Thu, Apr 14 2022 02:51
by Paul
Joined on Sat, Aug 03 2002, Vienna, Posts 13435

Hi, 

Hm, that's the first time I have seen that question... I actually don't know, but I don't see what speaks against it. 
I guess the next time you install an update, it will be installed into separate folders in your Applications folder again, Mac standard. 

Best, 
Paul

Paul Kopf
Product Manager - Vienna Symphonic Library
Posted on Thu, Apr 14 2022 10:31
by musicman691
Joined on Sun, Nov 18 2012, Sopranos State - New Jersey, Posts 197

Originally Posted by: Paul Go to Quoted Post

Hi, 

Hm, that's the first time I have seen that question... I actually don't know, but I don't see what speaks against it. 
I guess the next time you install an update, it will be installed into separate folders in your Applications folder again, Mac standard. 

Best, 
Paul

I do know there are a lot of programs that will allow installation into whatever folder you want on a Mac. Oh well - it was worth a try.

Jack
PT 2021.6 on OSX 10.13.6
Qapla!
Posted on Fri, Apr 15 2022 22:17
by PaoloT
Joined on Tue, Dec 27 2016, Posts 1326

I can't find if this has been already explained, but – how can one install Synchron Strings I Optimized, on iLok? I can't see them in Vienna Assistant.

Paolo

Posted on Sat, Apr 16 2022 00:28
by MMKA
Joined on Tue, May 22 2012, Posts 471

Hi Paolo, I see them in the chapter Synchron Series, the same chapter, where Synchron Strings I is. I give you a screenshot.

MMKA attached the following image(s):
ViennaU0020Assistent.JPG (103kb) downloaded 3 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
Posted on Sat, Apr 16 2022 10:38
by PaoloT
Joined on Tue, Dec 27 2016, Posts 1326

Originally Posted by: MMKA Go to Quoted Post

Hi Paolo, I see them in the chapter Synchron Series, the same chapter, where Synchron Strings I is. I give you a screenshot.

Thank you, MMKA. Now I see it in my VA.

Paolo

Posted on Sat, May 21 2022 15:49
by Seventh Sam
Joined on Sat, Dec 29 2018, Posts 343

Paul, Ben, and VSL:

After giving it a while, I'm happy to say that - for me - the process of switching from e-Licenser to iLok went completely uneventful for me.  

Downloading was a breeze, installation was straightforward enough, nothing glitched out or gave me a heart attack.  The only possible hiccup is a potential bug/performance issue with VEP7 post i-Lok change (which I've sent a support ticket for and may or may not be unrelated to the iLok switch).  Everything else has gone swimmingly as far as I can tell.

Thank you for taking your time with this and executing it with patience and diligence.  I know it hasn't gone as smoothly for everyone, but I think it's important to hear of the successes along with the stumbles.

- Sam

17 Pages«<151617