Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Forum Jump  
Interaction in solo strings
Last post Sat, Sep 11 2004 by Louisc, 4 replies.
Options
Go to last post
Posted on Fri, Sep 10 2004 12:25
by Louisc
Joined on Fri, Sep 10 2004, Posts 13
Hello all,

I'm currently trying my "solo string skills" on a string quartet and this is the first time I ever used two violins at the same time.

Even though I'm using four different instances of ESX on four different tracks, there's seems to be an interaction between the two violins (I'm using the same Vl-perf-leg patch on both instruments). It seems like voices are chopped because voices are "stolen" from one track to the other.

Any thoughts ?

Thanks,

Louisc
Posted on Fri, Sep 10 2004 15:43
by cm
Joined on Fri, Dec 20 2002, vienna, Posts 9137
welcome louisc,
this is a limitation in exs - if you want to load the same patch into another instance please make a copy of the respective instrument first and load the copy into the second instance.
this would be also a good idea, because performance tool settings are saved within the exs-file and you might notice unexpected behaviour when changing the settings in one instance.
christian
and remember: a CRAY is the only computer that runs an endless loop in just four hours ...
Posted on Fri, Sep 10 2004 19:26
by evan evans
Joined on Tue, Jun 17 2003, Hollywood, CA, Posts 2058
Oh yeah, and it's also LAME.

Evan Evans
Evan Evans
Film Scoring Academy
http://filmscoring.academy
Posted on Sat, Sep 11 2004 15:31
by Louisc
Joined on Fri, Sep 10 2004, Posts 13
Christian,

Thanks for the tip, I'd never have found it by myself. That really did solve the problem. I'm really looking forward to the Kontakt version of the solo strings so that I can go back to Digital Performer and forget about Logic.

Many thanks,

Louisc