Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Forum Jump  
VEP7 Crashes prevents Mac from shutting down
Last post Tue, Nov 17 2020 by Paul, 4 replies.
Options
Go to last post
Posted on Wed, Oct 14 2020 18:28
by coltwolff
Joined on Fri, Jan 25 2013, Posts 3

Hello,

I recently installed VEP7 on Mac 10.15.7. I have encountered one major issue I am unable to resole. Every time VEP7 freezes/ crashes for any reason I am unable to relaunch VEP7. I have tried restarting and shutting down the computer, but VEP prevents the computer from shutting down properly forcing me to do a hard restart. After rebooting everything works fine again until VEP7 inevitably crashes again. 

I am using DP10 as my DAW and I am mostly loading samples in Kontakt 5 within VEP7. Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks,

Colt Wolff

Posted on Wed, Oct 14 2020 21:04
by coltwolff
Joined on Fri, Jan 25 2013, Posts 3

Seems after VEP7 crashes it causes Finder to crash with it. So Finder is probably what is preventing the computer from restarting. I guess the issue I'm having is when VEP7 crashes/freezes and I have to force quit the application, it also crashes Finder meaning I can not restart the application or shut down the computer (without doing a hard restart). Again any help or ideas on this would be greatly appreciated. I'm running out of ideas for how to resolve this

Posted on Sun, Oct 25 2020 00:37
by RootNDoo
Joined on Tue, Nov 25 2008, Posts 52

I am also having this same problem. Hard restarts are necessary after a VEP7 crash. 

Mac Pro
Vienna Ensemble 7
Digital Performer 10
Posted on Tue, Nov 17 2020 09:07
by Paul
Joined on Sat, Aug 03 2002, Vienna, Posts 12270

Hi, 

Sorry for the long delay. Please send more information to , so we can take a look. 

We will need the crash reports (as text files) and steps to reproduce the crash (best in a minimal setup with few plug-ins). 

Can you also please send us a sample from the hang/freeze? 

=> Open Activity Monitor
=> Choose Vienna Ensemble PRO
=> Click the small "i" in the upper left corner
=> Click "Sample" in the lower left corner
=> Save the file and send it to us 

Best, 
Paul

Paul Kopf
Product Manager - Vienna Symphonic Library