Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Forum Jump  
PLAY and SINE player hanging on VEP7 project load
Last post Wed, Jul 21 2021 by Simon Ravn, 4 replies.
Options
Go to last post
Posted on Mon, Jul 05 2021 05:48
by Simon Ravn
Joined on Tue, Dec 10 2002, Copenhagen, Denmark, Posts 354

Hi.

I have had this problem pretty much with both VEP6 and 7 since forever, that sometimes some projects will hang while loading. And I can always boil it down to happening when initializing/loading something containing East West PLAY or Orchestral Tools SINE player. It doesn't happen every time I load that project, but maybe 30% of the time I have to force quit VEP and reload, and then it will work the 2nd or 3rd time. 

Is this something you at VSL would look into, or is it something I have to take up with the developers of those plugins?

I am on Mac by the way.

- Simon Ravn
Posted on Thu, Jul 08 2021 20:46
by civilization 3
Joined on Sat, May 16 2009, SF Bay Area, Posts 1818

Well, as to SINE it can't be a universal issue, I have several instances of it in every project for a while and it looks as snappily as anything does here. They're not gigantic instances of 100 articulations or anything. but in itself it loads fast, off of an external SSD.

MacBook Pro 16,1: 2.3 GHz 8-core i9
64GB 2667MHz DDR4
OSX 10.15.7
VE Pro 7.1056, Cubase Pro 11.0.0
Posted on Wed, Jul 21 2021 05:24
by Paul
Joined on Sat, Aug 03 2002, Vienna, Posts 12821

Hi, 

VE Pro is "only" the host and doesn't have any influence on the loading/unloading process of hosted plug-ins. Best to talk to the sample player developers directly. 

Best, 
Paul

Paul Kopf
Product Manager - Vienna Symphonic Library
Posted on Wed, Jul 21 2021 08:30
by Simon Ravn
Joined on Tue, Dec 10 2002, Copenhagen, Denmark, Posts 354

Thanks civ3 and Paul. It hasnt happened lately with the same project, since I swapped some instances around and such. Seems really random. Will take it up with Orchestral Tools and East West if it comes back and gets too annoying again.

- Simon Ravn