Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Forum Jump  
VSL, K2 and Finale 2007
Last post Mon, Apr 21 2008 by bogdan, 10 replies.
Options
Go to last post
Posted on Sun, Dec 31 2006 15:43
by Peter Alexander
Joined on Wed, Aug 21 2002, Virginia, Posts 642
It's been recently announced on the Finale site that K2 operates with Finale 2007 which means sample libraries other than XXX can be used within the program.

My question is - for Horizon libraries that are setup for Kontakt 2, has any testing been tried with VSL Horizon, Kontakt version, and Finale 2007?

Have you considered creating a smaller VSL Horizon version that can take advantage of the "human emotion" programming used in Finale?
Peter L. Alexander
Author, Professional Orchestration Series
www.soniccontrol.tv
www.alexanderpublishing.com
Posted on Sun, Dec 31 2006 19:42
by cm
Joined on Fri, Dec 20 2002, vienna, Posts 9055
in case this is a question to VSL .... since the horizon series products are kind of *legacy* no new products or additionally programming will be released (support is continued though).
however, nice to hear there is an option to use VSL libraries in kontakt format for finale now
christian
and remember: a CRAY is the only computer that runs an endless loop in just four hours ...
Posted on Sun, Dec 31 2006 23:59
by cerupcat
Joined on Thu, Apr 06 2006, Posts 10
Kontakt 2 could be used since Finale 2006. Only recently Finale 2007 integrated it's own version of Kontakt 2 player, but if you own Kontakt it was able to work as a VST in Finale 2006 along with any samples one can use in Kontakt (vsl, ewqlso, etc.). To use it in Finale 2006, you add the kontakt 2 VST into Finales VST folder. Then you can select it as a VST instrument in Finale 2006. Finale 2007 works the same way, but now you can also use the lighter version of Kontakt 2 Player that comes with finale.

All horizon products work great in finale as well as any other samples used in stand alone version of Kontakt. I've been using this combination since Finale 2006. =)
Posted on Mon, Jan 01 2007 00:54
by cm
cerupcat, thanks for clarifying the details
christian
and remember: a CRAY is the only computer that runs an endless loop in just four hours ...
Posted on Mon, Oct 01 2007 09:38
by esperlad
Joined on Thu, Nov 07 2002, Posts 230

I was thinking about getting Finale 2008. Would the horizon series for Kontakt work OK as well? Will other Kontakt libraries work in Finale. I got the Dan Dean solo strings, and the player distorts everything I try to play with it. I also GVI, and it plays fine.

Posted on Sat, Mar 22 2008 19:23
by dustovshio
Joined on Sat, Mar 22 2008, Posts 1
Is it possible to use the performance tool with finale 2007 and kontakt?
Posted on Sat, Apr 05 2008 18:45
by cm

welcome dustovshio,

the performance tool (for the legacy horizon series sample libraries like opus) is only needed for the kontakt 1.5 format, for kontakt 2 + 3 we provide scripted programs which avoid the hassle with midi-routing - all are using the samples from the exs hierarchy on the DVDs.

however you can download these programs only if you have registered such a sample library for the kontakt format.

the Vienna Instruments come with their own player (AU VST Stand-alone) and don't need kontakt between finale and VSL

christian

Posted on Sat, Apr 19 2008 20:47
by bogdan
Joined on Fri, Apr 18 2008, Edmonton, Posts 263

Hi CM ,

I've just read your posting in that you specify that we dont need any Kontakt between Finale and VSL; Ive just bought the Vienna Solo Strings and I have their own player (Vienna Ensemble) ,but even  the dll file (from Vienna Ensemble) in the VST plug from Finale,looks like Finale  still is not "see" the Vienna Ensmble

Can you tell me please how these can be put togheter?

Posted on Sun, Apr 20 2008 06:51
by cm

AFAIK finale currently accepts VST only from kontakt (or actually a kompakt player) and you would need to route midi from finale to a stand-alone instance of Vienna Ensemble 2.

this can be done using virtual midi-cables like marble ports, midi-ox or the local ports from midi-over-lan.

christian

Posted on Mon, Apr 21 2008 13:45
by bogdan
Joined on Fri, Apr 18 2008, Edmonton, Posts 263

Thanks a lot for your tip:)