Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Forum Jump  
VI Pro preset naming glitch
Last post Wed, Apr 21 2021 by William, 7 replies.
Options
Go to last post
Posted on Tue, Apr 13 2021 00:53
by William
Joined on Sun, Nov 24 2002, USA, Posts 5621

I was trying to save a preset in Vienna Instruments Pro standalone and it would not allow me to write a "c" in the name! Also some odd ignoring of other letters, then suddenly putting them in as I typed.  I thought my computer (typing) keyboard must have a malfunction, so replaced it with another I had.   Same thing.  I then tried to save a new-named preset on another computer running VI Pro and the same thing happened.  This looks like a glitch in  naming new presets.  

The reason I was saving them in VI Pro STandalone was to use the replace instruments shortcut with Dimension strings, but this had nothing to do with the other computer which behaved the same.

Posted on Tue, Apr 13 2021 13:21
by Paul
Joined on Sat, Aug 03 2002, Vienna, Posts 12640

Hi William, 

Thanks for reporting. 

Which OS, which versions, what are the reproduction steps?

Best, 
Paul

Paul Kopf
Product Manager - Vienna Symphonic Library
Posted on Wed, Apr 14 2021 00:37
by William
Joined on Sun, Nov 24 2002, USA, Posts 5621

Paul, thanks very much for the reply.  It is Windows 10 Pro 64,  and loading VI Pro standalone, then trying to save any preset.  The naming seems to be a problem.  

I was remembering that this did not happen in previous versions as I had saved a lot of newly named presets without any problem.  

What is odd is that there is no problem with saving within VE Pro.  That works as usual.  But within VI pro, this happens.  I wouldn't be trying to do that except I had to use VI Pro standalone in order to do the shortcut for replacement of Dimension instruments.  

Posted on Fri, Apr 16 2021 15:35
by William
Joined on Sun, Nov 24 2002, USA, Posts 5621

I noticed another odd thing - this naming problem involves mainly the letter "C"  !  I was trying to name "Cello" and ended up with "Ello."  This happens on two separate computers running VI Pro standalone.     

Also - at first it didn't happen, with naming several presets completely normal And then after about 4 instrument presets, it started again. I was trying to name "Percussion" and got "perussion."  

It is not a huge deal as you can go in within VE Pro and rename the same instruments. But the naming function within VI is doing this erratically.  

Posted on Sat, Apr 17 2021 20:02
by DaddyO
Joined on Tue, May 22 2012, Washington (US State), Posts 383

This happens to me in the Standalone version.

VI Symphonic Cube Full
SY Strings Pro, SY Elite Strings
SYzd Woodwinds, Solo Strings, SpecEds 1-4 PLUS
Cubase 9.5, Studio One 5, Dorico 3.5
VE Pro 7, VI Pro, MIR Pro, MIRx
Windows 10
Dorico 3.5, Cubase 9.5, Studio One 5
Posted on Wed, Apr 21 2021 09:18
by Paul
Joined on Sat, Aug 03 2002, Vienna, Posts 12640

Hi, 

You are right, that seems to be a bug. 

Workaround for now: Create presets in a host like VE/VE PRO or your sequencer. 

I have added this report to our bug-fix list.

Best,
Paul

Paul Kopf
Product Manager - Vienna Symphonic Library
Posted on Wed, Apr 21 2021 23:37
by William
Joined on Sun, Nov 24 2002, USA, Posts 5621

Thanks - certainly not a big problem as I've been able to write names normally in VE.    

You cannot post new threads in this forum.
You cannot reply to threads in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.